Law School Discussion

The whining thread

The whining thread
« on: October 21, 2005, 06:59:36 PM »
Come on, you know you want to do it.  ;)

It's all a matter of perspective. You can be happy with a 155 if you were expecting a 150, or you can be miserable with a 165 if you were expecting a 170.

You can be happy with a 170 if you were expecting a 165, or you can be miserable if you were expecting a 170.

You can be happy with a 175 if you were expecting a 170, or you can be miserable.... wait a minute! what were you expecting? a 180??? you female dog!

Just kidding... you're welcome to whine here no matter how high your score.

BTW, right now I think my 160 SUCKS!

chrisfield

• Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
Re: The whining thread
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 07:02:31 PM »
I'm not thrilled with my 155.  But I'm trying to keep things in perspective; there are people in our country that will go to be starving tonight.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 07:06:24 PM »
I'm fairly displeased with my 170, only because I have to average it with a 166. I was really counting on a 171 or better so that I could have a 169 or better average and go to a CCN. Now, I'm doing ED at U Chicago and hoping to God they take me. If I can get in, which is fairly reasonable since I have a 3.92, I really won't care about these LSAT mishaps since I'll be happy going there, but if not, I'll be pretty pissed. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to worry too much after today. Oh well.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 07:13:02 PM »
Gere is a post I just wrote in another thread, which is all too appropriate for this one:

I have already cried once, and hopefully not again. Despite the consensus of 160+ posters I do have reason for my bad ass score and a documented one. I requested LSAC accommodations and was denied and for that I am stuck with worst case senario. I have a 3.77 LSAC GPA and my LOR's are very strong so will be my PS and I am going to adenda my LSAT in two parts:

1) I have a documented visual/neurological disorder and was not accommodated for it and

2) I have a history of poor staadardized test taking (I am not whinning that I am bad at standardized test I am describing my situtuation and explaining that my low standardized test scores greatly underscore my UGPA (SAT vs UGPA for example) and this is squarely due to my documented disorder.

I was born with this problme and have never had to request accommodations until I feel into the realm of visual processing required by SAT, LSAT etc...

BTW my bad score is a heart-wrenching 141.

PS I am pouring my heart out here as a way of venting/coping. If you flame me for my 141 you have simply demonstrated what kind of low-life lawyer you will be, and I will be looking forward to demolishing your egos in law school and or the real world. (aimed at flamers)

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 07:16:49 PM »
I'm not thrilled with my 155.  But I'm trying to keep things in perspective; there are people in our country that will go to bed starving tonight.

That's a very healthy attitude. It's not the end of the world.

Not to say you don't feel like whining at times like these.

So come on, guys/girls, feel free to vent here.

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 07:22:50 PM »
You'll do alright.

You're one of the most well-written members on this entire board, and I am sure that will show through your application in some manner.

Have faith.

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 07:23:02 PM »
Ivy: don't give up. If it's documented and you got a good GPA I'm sure you have a chance. Good luck.

Gere is a post I just wrote in another thread, which is all too appropriate for this one:

I have already cried once, and hopefully not again. Despite the consensus of 160+ posters I do have reason for my bad ass score and a documented one. I requested LSAC accommodations and was denied and for that I am stuck with worst case senario. I have a 3.77 LSAC GPA and my LOR's are very strong so will be my PS and I am going to adenda my LSAT in two parts:

1) I have a documented visual/neurological disorder and was not accommodated for it and

2) I have a history of poor staadardized test taking (I am not whinning that I am bad at standardized test I am describing my situtuation and explaining that my low standardized test scores greatly underscore my UGPA (SAT vs UGPA for example) and this is squarely due to my documented disorder.

I was born with this problme and have never had to request accommodations until I feel into the realm of visual processing required by SAT, LSAT etc...

BTW my bad score is a heart-wrenching 141.

PS I am pouring my heart out here as a way of venting/coping. If you flame me for my 141 you have simply demonstrated what kind of low-life lawyer you will be, and I will be looking forward to demolishing your egos in law school and or the real world. (aimed at flamers)

Ivy_Hopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 07:23:37 PM »
I know what my strategy is, I just don't know of its effectiveness. I am just so sad to see this as a result of all my hard work. Belive it or not I studied for this test over a year and a half and took over 25 preptests and a class and I still end up with this?? My disorder is the only explanation that sounds feasible. I know now that this test does not measure any sort of intelect and is entirely determinative of having all your faculties (duh, right) Why couldn't LSAC just grant me accommodations I know I deserved them. It would of been a difference of 75 percentile points. Dammit! Google some topic around LSAC screwing over people who NEEDED accommodations like cerebal palsy (Sp- at this point like I care) and other documented reasons ofr accommodation...

Ivy_Hopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 07:29:06 PM »
Thank you to everyone for such kind words I am next to tears and I know I am better than a 141. I was hoping that some people would agree that with some of my extras (I am a published author an olympic hopeful, more EC's than you can count with ten people's fingers etc) and a solid UGPA (3.9) and LSAC GPA (3.77) and the rest of my application is very strong and well contructed. I mean for god's sake I have been on LSD since Aug of 2003, and have been actively reseaching the lawschool applications process since 2001-2002. I mean I took my first diag (Kaplan) in October or so 2002 and got a 124 (!!!). Granted that was not indicative of anything...

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 07:29:44 PM »
I blew it in June with a 164.  I did smart prep for October, and I knew I could do better.  At the very worst, I'd get 165ish.  I got a 163.  At least my average didn't go down.  Still, going into the test I had a very real shot at upper 160s/170, and I have no one to blame but me.  Blowing it once is one thing, but I can't believe I did it again.

I totally knew how you feel. I wish I had something/someone else to blame...but it was just me.
I was going to take in June and I didn't feel ready because I hadn't broken 170 yet at that point. When I heard about June's brutal scale, I was happy that I didn't take it, figuring that I could have probably hit around 165 or so, still not good enough for the schools I want to go to. So I studied all summer and was sooo confident.....and ended up with a 161.
Life sucks.