zpops

• Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
Re: Where should I apply
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2004, 10:09:25 AM »
Give me a list of your top school choices.  it doesn't have to be exact of course, but you may want to apply to a school on binding early decision.  NYU's ED program would be a good choice if you want to go there, because only people who took the test before october can apply for it.  I'm not saying you have a great shot at NYU, (it's a reach) but apply binding ed would really increase your chances.

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2004, 10:25:55 AM »
Well, I am just beginning to look, so it may be difficult for me to give you a top 5 list!  But here goes-

Georgetown U
Northwestern
Yale (yes, I know, it's a dream.....  perhaps it shouldn't be on this list, but you never know.  I heard one of the admissions guys there is a graduate from my college.  Plus one of my recommendation letters is coming from a Yale UGrad alumni).
University of Michigan
NYU 

This is based on what I know now... but I do love Georgetown.  I have loved it since I interviewed for their psych department!

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2004, 11:13:06 AM »
I reiterate that NO school is out of your reach.  I am NOT saying that you WILL get into every school to which you apply, or even a top 5 (or whatever the breaking point is this month).  You should apply to all the top schools, because your numbers are good enough that you are not OUT of the running at those schools.  If you need proof, look at the graphs at www.lawschoolnumbers.com.  Even at Yale there are students with lower numbers who were admitted.