Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official Oct 2005 Score Thread  (Read 15767 times)

lightessenz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Oct 2005 Score Thread
« Reply #230 on: October 22, 2005, 10:10:54 PM »
That's because most people are stupid.

lol, its a good thing intelligence isn't correlated with happiness or most people would be unhappy too.       Super-high verbal/logical intelligence was probably never a necessity in the early days of evolution so it isn't surprising that a very small percentage of the population exhibits these skills.   

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 22, 2005, 10:26:05 PM »
That's because most people are stupid.

lol, its a good thing intelligence isn't correlated with happiness or most people would be unhappy too.       Super-high verbal/logical intelligence was probably never a necessity in the early days of evolution so it isn't surprising that a very small percentage of the population exhibits these skills.   

And if a significant percentage had it, we'd be using another method to select the best of the best.
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

snikrep

« Reply #232 on: October 22, 2005, 10:32:21 PM »
I heard that 170 is the cutoff for happiness, anything below that and you're miserable for life.

;D

This whole thing seems so artificial... it's amazing how worked up we can get over something so trivial.  I just was watching Frasier tonight where they found a new "exclusive" club in the city.  They managed to get in, were talking about how amazing everything was, and then they found out they were in the "silver" level and that there was a "gold" level higher than them.  They didn't even know what was inside... but instantly they were miserable.

I love Frasier, and that episode was a classic in how easy it is for humans to feel slighted.  Great way to put the LSAT in perspective.

Ann Coulter

• Buy my book!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 23, 2005, 12:39:39 AM »
Just a couple points:

1)  The people reporting scores here are, of course, not representative.  Only 10% of all testakers get above 163, and only about 2% get over 170, so don't compare yourself too much against the high-scorers here.

2)  If you get a 167/3.6+, and write a decent essay, you should be able to get into a T14. 

3)  If you get 160 or above, with decent grades, you'll get into a solid, top-tier school, and you should keep in mind that you're above the vast majority of testakers.  Most students, of course, score 151 or below.

I scored in the low 140's. Will any decent law school accept me? :-[ :-[
Drinking is helping some pain go away....yes I'm weak.

Led_Zep

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: October 23, 2005, 01:03:30 AM »
From what I've read, all law schools are pretty much the same, as far as what they teach.  It's all about the name brand.  What you need is an easy school to get into.  Widener comes to mind but I think it's average LSAT is 151.

mifimo

« Reply #235 on: October 23, 2005, 01:16:18 AM »
a quick glance through tier 4's data suggest you better retake the test
I scored in the low 140's. Will any decent law school accept me?

vitaminwater

« Reply #236 on: October 23, 2005, 02:12:38 AM »

[/quote]

it depends. what else do you have to offer? a strong ps/background? etc?

Leshy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 23, 2005, 02:21:51 AM »
Just a couple points:

1)  The people reporting scores here are, of course, not representative.  Only 10% of all testakers get above 163, and only about 2% get over 170, so don't compare yourself too much against the high-scorers here.

2)  If you get a 167/3.6+, and write a decent essay, you should be able to get into a T14. 

3)  If you get 160 or above, with decent grades, you'll get into a solid, top-tier school, and you should keep in mind that you're above the vast majority of testakers.  Most students, of course, score 151 or below.

Good post.  Way to keep things in perspective.

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 23, 2005, 03:55:37 AM »
yeah, if we assume that around 50,000 ppl took the oct.test, just like last year, it's about 1000 people who got 170 and above. That's still a lot of people in raw numbers, but it'sstill only 2%. This representative whole of this board is very self-selective.

Just a couple points:

Thikighoros

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 25, 2005, 10:26:29 AM »
Just a couple points:

a quick glance through tier 4's data suggest you better retake the test

Agreed.
I had a average in the low 140's last year (took the test twice) I'll send you a pm with a list of schools if you'd want. I would strongly recommend a retake though.
I look forward to the day that I could say (God willing):

Είναι δικηγόρος στρατιωτικός.
(I am a military lawyer).

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thikighoros