Law School Discussion

Am I insane???

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
Am I insane???
« on: July 03, 2004, 12:08:26 AM »
So I met this guy.  On LSD, and it's going good.  Too good, well not "too", but great.  So how much do I let myself fall?  He's moving to DC in two months, and we're gonna meet in San Fran next month.  I guess... I know I'm crazy... but I wonder if any of y'all have crazy situations.

Harumpf.  I have another scoop on this bannana split.  I live with my ex.  He's my best friend, but I guess we still get jealous.  He says I am a bad friend 'cause I have spent too much time talking to this IM gou.  And so he want's to lift the anti-guy ban we have in effect.  We had a no guys at hom erule.  But I guess he want's to bring guys home.  But I enjoyed the saftey of knowing that I am alone in this apartment...

But this was meant to be a hopful message, until he screwed it up.  Anyway, this IM guy is so nice, and hot, and *&^%.  I guessI'm just looking for people who have had crazy love stories.... I'm drunk and I guess screwed ;

ruskiegirl

Re: Am I insane???
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 12:25:06 AM »
So I met this guy.  On LSD, and it's going good.  Too good, well not "too", but great.  So how much do I let myself fall?  He's moving to DC in two months, and we're gonna meet in San Fran next month.  I guess... I know I'm crazy... but I wonder if any of y'all have crazy situations.

Harumpf.  I have another scoop on this bannana split.  I live with my ex.  He's my best friend, but I guess we still get jealous.  He says I am a bad friend 'cause I have spent too much time talking to this IM gou.  And so he want's to lift the anti-guy ban we have in effect.  We had a no guys at hom erule.  But I guess he want's to bring guys home.  But I enjoyed the saftey of knowing that I am alone in this apartment...

But this was meant to be a hopful message, until he screwed it up.  Anyway, this IM guy is so nice, and hot, and *&^%.  I guessI'm just looking for people who have had crazy love stories.... I'm drunk and I guess screwed ;

I have two very cliche, albeit applicable, pieces of advice for you:

1) Don't carry around old baggage:

If you and the guy have broken up, there is no reason for jealously from either side.  It's over and you both need to move on.   Friendship in a post-relationship situation is often difficult, but I guess you two have to at least be civil because you live with the guy.

2) Follow your heart:

If this other guy really makes you happy, there is no reason for you to hesitate.  The details will work out, if both of you put forth the effort.

Quit spending so much time worrying and spend some being happy with the person that makes you feel that way most.

Ginatio

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 01:00:46 AM »
dude, you're gay. aren't you guys supposed to be unabashedly promiscuous? what's with all this relationship, worried what my ex thinks, oh i'm so confused  stuff?

thechoson

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 09:31:57 AM »
dude, you're gay. aren't you guys supposed to be unabashedly promiscuous? what's with all this relationship, worried what my ex thinks, oh i'm so confused  stuff?

stick to being an engineer

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 10:53:16 AM »

No-your situation is not unique...and you're not crazy. It sounds like an exciting situation and you should definitely take advantage of it. My city isn't that big but i'd think i woulda found someone i'm even remotely interested in here-but the coolest people i know right now i met on LSD (but not in person....yet). Personally, i've never met anyone online-like used any sort of dating service or any *&^% like that. I'm not knockin the people who do-i just always thought that it seemed sorta...set up (obviously that's the point). But i think this situation is pretty cool. You both came on this discussion board looking for information, advice from others, solidarity and support in what is definitely a very taxing process, and in doing so, found something more. I'm convinced that if things don't work out in terms of a sexual interest, it would easily convert into a situation where you guys would be good friends. I think either way, it'll work out, and be well worth it.

In terms of the ex, THAT is a crazy situation  ;) I've never lived with a bf and don't know if i ever could be i definitely can't comprehend living with an ex. He obviously has  lifted the anti-guy ban as a rebuttal to your IM friend. Seriously, it's very rare that ex's truly become best friends. I know that if my best friend met someone cool online or wherever, i wouldn't suddenly change our living arrangements/agreements. The fact that he's accusing you of being a bad friend bc you're talking to another guy is further evidence that he's not being a good friend TO YOU. If he strictly saw you as a friend, he would encourage you do do things that make you happy. I think that your living situation will definitely create problems in the future. Cuz you're both not gonna be single forever. And, i have to admit, even though i've been the one to end relationships with past bf's, it still is a tiny bit sore if i see them together with someone else. It's a situation where i'm genuinly happy for the guy-cuz i've felt bad enough as it is breaking things off-and i broke things off cuz he just wasn't the right one-but there is a tiny part of you that remembers how crazy you used to be about each other...it's just a fleeting sensation of nostalgia that passes over you and saddens u a bit and then u move on. But i think i'm lucky to feel that way cuz i think its sort of a best-case scenario. I think that you living with your ex, especially when there's still some jealousy prevalent is going to result in a really bad ending. I think u guys have the best chance of salvagingsome friendship by living apart.

~I'll be in SF in about a month...i'll be sure 2 keep an eye out for you 2  ;)

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 10:59:01 AM »

What are you talking about? That was funny!

Ginatio

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 10:59:28 AM »
stick to getting cpas coffee.  ;)

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 11:22:50 AM »
Is no one thinking this?????

WHO IS THIS NEW GUY!!!!!

LSD romance is the *&^%.

Ginatio

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2004, 12:09:09 PM »
i bet it's dta

WHO IS THIS NEW GUY!!!!!

LSD romance is the *&^%.

dta

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 12:13:09 PM »
i bet it's dta

WHO IS THIS NEW GUY!!!!!

LSD romance is the *&^%.

I'd engage in some gay-man action for a 170!  :D

Gee Ginatio - you sure do seem to hold a grudge. Just can't let the "prep v. no-prep" issue go?