Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm freaking out...seriously  (Read 673 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'm freaking out...seriously
« on: October 20, 2005, 11:49:19 PM »
I'm starting to freak out....I can't believe that the marks are coming out tommorow..
I can't do anything right now..I'm supposed to finish my PS today...but I couldn't even touch it.
I seriously hate this feeling...
I'm not too optimistic about my score because I was really nervous during the exam..so I'm just praying that somehow God will bail me out on this one.
I don't know how I'll be able to sleep today. :'(

TXcal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I'm freaking out...seriously
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 11:54:25 PM »
There's something about that crying smiley--it seems awfully sad!  I really hope you're not feeling as bad as that.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post a response, because I'm working on my PS right now, too (the drafting/revision process never ends, does it?).  Thought you might like to know someone else is on exactly the same schedule, with the same anxieties.  If you've been keeping the same sort of hours I have, you'll probably be out like a light once you actually turn off the computer and lay down.  If not, try taking a couple of benadryl!

:-*

The Overman

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am the lightning, I am the frenzy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 12:10:52 AM »
You went to Western, you'll be just fine.
I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight either and I need to finish my PS as well. 
Are you planning to go to law school in Canada or the US?

snikrep

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 12:16:51 AM »
I got a double-scoop of Baskin Robbins, I'm so much more relaxed now... you can't beat a good scoop of fudge brownie, I figure even if I work at Starbucks for the rest of my life, I can afford ice cream every week and that's what counts in life ;).

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 12:19:48 AM »
I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight either and I need to finish my PS as well. 

Where are you applying overman?
Have you written the PS for osgoode or Windsor?

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 12:20:12 AM »
I got a double-scoop of Baskin Robbins, I'm so much more relaxed now... you can't beat a good scoop of fudge brownie, I figure even if I work at Starbucks for the rest of my life, I can afford ice cream every week and that's what counts in life ;).

You're LSAT score average was over 170.  I hate you.j/k

snikrep

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 12:34:49 AM »

You're LSAT score average was over 170.  I hate you.j/k

But I have all this pressure and expectations to get over 170... I have everything to lose, very little to gain.  Either I get above 170 which I *should* do, or I get somewhere in the 160's and feel miserable with a perfectly good score.

Low 170's is a sucky place to be because you're tempted with all the elite, but it's so easy to get a couple extra questions wrong and be smacked down by the LSAT.

Back on subject, get ice cream, it helps.

The Overman

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am the lightning, I am the frenzy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 12:41:43 AM »

I'm applying to the six ontario law schools.  I've got my fingers crossed for UofT but admission there is pretty steep.  Last years averages were 3.8 and 166!  I'm honestly not finished any of my personal statements yet and the deadline is less than two weeks away.  Man I need to get this stuff done!

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 12:45:10 AM »

I'm applying to the six ontario law schools.  I've got my fingers crossed for UofT but admission there is pretty steep.  Last years averages were 3.8 and 166!  I'm honestly not finished any of my personal statements yet and the deadline is less than two weeks away.  Man I need to get this stuff done!

I'm finishing up my PS, but honestly i'm totally stuck on the topic "why do you want to study law?"
I have no idea what to say..

SkullTatt

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 12:46:21 AM »
I don't know how I'll be able to sleep today. :'(

I know, tonight feels pretty much exactly like the night before the actual LSAT itself for some reason.