Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do I get from high school to law?  (Read 12506 times)

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How do I get from high school to law?
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2004, 09:02:44 PM »
hahaha lol yes it is SAMFORD.....no..my scores are unfortunately WAY TOO LOW as you have so kindly pointed out to be accepted to stanford  ;)
158, 3.3
Accepted: Samford, South Texas, Georgia State
priority waitlist (as of July 17th, still no "sorry you're rejected" courtesy call..jerks!): U Richmond
Rejected: U Houston, Emory, Wake

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2004, 11:29:14 AM »

AubunChick, how in god's name did you get in to stanford with 3.3 158?

i believe that's a SAMFORD, not stanford

Ah, never even heard of Samford and I'm damn near blind...wonder if I was drunk when I posted that?

1luckeyb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 11:22:52 AM »
hey everyone im 17 and a senior in high school i was wonder what is the first steps that i have to do to become a lawyer straight out of high school so i can get my career started

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 01:03:04 PM »
Heck, posted in 2002 you could BE a lawyer by now! :)

If any current teens want the answer, here it is.

You can get your Highschool equivelent at like 14, then accelerated BA by around 16, then 2year plan lawschool be a lawyer by 18.
There you go.

quote author=anonymous_A link=topic=442.msg1714#msg1714 date=1011361737]
Im 15 years old and a freshman in high school. Im planning on being a lawyer.  I have no clue on what classes i should be taking and exactly how good of grades i have to have in order to get into law school.im a A-b student. if you could help in anyway that would be great.
                       thank you so much

also any info you could tell me to get started in law would be greatl.
[/quote]

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 01:58:18 PM »
Assuming this is a serious question, the answer is that you can't.  Go to college, graduate with the best possible GPA you can (3.8 or better), practice like hell for the LSAT and blow the test away (165 or better), then apply to the best law school you can get into.

hey everyone im 17 and a senior in high school i was wonder what is the first steps that i have to do to become a lawyer straight out of high school so i can get my career started

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 02:42:50 PM »
Assuming this is a serious question, the answer is that you can't.  Go to college, graduate with the best possible GPA you can (3.8 or better), practice like hell for the LSAT and blow the test away (165 or better), then apply to the best law school you can get into.

The only thing I would add is that you should go to the best college possible, and take real courses that interest and actually challenge you rather than a fluff major with easy classes.  If you like science, a science degree is actually the best pre-law degree because it will allow you to take the patent bar in addition to the regular bar exam. 

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 02:59:14 PM »
If you want a backup degree do what he said. If you want to get a scholarship in lawschool, then don't.

Take easy as hell classes to get as close to a 4.0 as possible. Lawschool won't care what your major was, nor will it increase your ability to take an exam once in it.

The only thing I would add is that you should go to the best college possible, and take real courses that interest and actually challenge you rather than a fluff major with easy classes.  If you like science, a science degree is actually the best pre-law degree because it will allow you to take the patent bar in addition to the regular bar exam.

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 03:32:58 PM »
The T14 Law Schools care a lot--if you want into a great school, challenge yourself.  As far as demanding classes, let me be clear--you still need stellar grades.  But a 3.8 with a BS in Chemistry (all other things equal), will do just as well as a 4.0 in Political Science or Business.  The bottom line is: challenge yourself, but excel. 

I am not talking about a fall back degree.  Given the current job market, being qualified to work in IP law jobs is certainly an advantage over other graduates.  And, IP lawyers are way overpaid versus their class rank.  I know friends in the middle of the class that got cush BigFirm money right out of school.