Pre - pre - law (lawyer bound high schoolers) > Pre-Law in high school

How do I get from high school to law?

(1/6) > >>

anonymous_A:
Im 15 years old and a freshman in high school. Im planning on being a lawyer.  I have no clue on what classes i should be taking and exactly how good of grades i have to have in order to get into law school.im a A-b student. if you could help in anyway that would be great.
                      thank you so much

also any info you could tell me to get started in law would be greatl.

Andrew:
Hopefully some people will add to my answer, but just to tell you the basics:

To be a lawyer you have to go to law school.  Most law schools require a college degree.  So you have to go to college (4 years) and then law school (3 years).  Then you'd have your Juris Doctor degree (JD).  You then take the BAR exam, pass (or take it again until you pass), and begin practicing law.

As far as classes and grades go...  As a general rule, the better your grades, the better your educational options.  It seems to me that the college you go to is far less important than how you do there, so study hard in college.  Your grades in law school and the reputation of the school will affect your job options, so it's ideal to study hard and go to a good school.  However, there are schools for all levels and pretty much anyone can go to law school and get a law degree (hence the late night "Have you been injured in an auto accident?..." commercials you see on TV).

Finally, you should know that there are lots of law related jobs, and it's not just lawyers that work with legal issues.  Some people take a year or two after college to work as a legal assistant or paralegal to see if they like the work before making the 3 year $75,000 commitment to go to law school.

This is really just a starting point to bring you up to speed on the whole process.  Any other questions?

carrie roseborough:
good morning everyone and how are you doing this fine morning?And me iam waiting for my aunt to come and go for
lunch and then come back after.

carrie roseborough:
good morning everyone and how are you doing this fine morning?And me iam waiting for my aunt to come and go for
lunch and then come back after.

laura  ross:
hi
i have been wanting to be a lawyer for years. I have been reading and taking notes on information i think i need to be a lawyer. I do not know where to begin. I am only 14 years old and waiting to find out where to start. I have been studying hard and getting all A's. So i am ready to work hard and study.I have visited many web sites but i think this one is great. I am going to try to be on the debate team next year in 9th grade and taking law and citizen in high school to.plz tell me what u think and how 2 help me. This is what i want to be and will strive for it.well goodbye.
laura

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version