Law School Discussion

2 LOR's in, 1 on the way...what should I do?

2 LOR's in, 1 on the way...what should I do?
« on: October 19, 2005, 12:07:20 PM »
Right now I have 1 academic and 1 professional LOR in at LSAC, and waiting on 1 more academic LOR which is already in the mail and hopefully about to be processed.  I'm fairly confident that they are all strong (I have 5 years of WE, so the professional LOR has merit).  Should I just go ahead and send in apps to the schools that only require 1 LOR, such as GULC, NYU, Northwestern, UMich?  I'm just worried that despite their 1 LOR requirement, these schools might view me negatively since I haven't sent in 2 academic LOR's.  Or should I just buckle down and wait for my 2nd academic LOR to come in? 

Re: 2 LOR's in, 1 on the way...what should I do?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 12:46:45 PM »
Thanks for your reply...I read this somewhere else too, but since these 1 LOR schools would consider my app complete with the 2 LOR's I already have, isn't there a possibility that they might just go ahead and make a decision?  My worry is if it does come to where they will make a decision without waiting for the 3rd LOR, what will they think of my not having the 2nd academic LOR?  I'm pretty sure they will hold my app for a while without making a decision anyway, but there's always the chance they could auto-reject me, and that last LOR could have helped...

kbp

Re: 2 LOR's in, 1 on the way...what should I do?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 01:03:24 PM »
schools generally don't start reviewing this early