Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A "what are my chances at X school" of a different color  (Read 12954 times)

John Galt

Re: A "what are my chances at X school" of a different color
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 03:40:42 PM »
Get your 170, clean up all the schools on your list, and call it a day.

frankfurt

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 03:43:22 PM »
I see the John Galt guy posting all the time. He is in total denial about the benefits of being black. If I had a dime for every URM 155 LSAT scorer on LSN applying to T14.....

Lucky77

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 03:44:55 PM »
Ironically, John has an amazing chance to get into every law school in the country (HYS included) even if he does not include his race on his application.

So, while he may benefit from being black, he hardly needs that extra push.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 03:50:18 PM »
He is in total denial about the benefits of being black.

Not as much as most of the posters here are in total denial of the benefits of being white.

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 03:52:06 PM »
Ironically, John has an amazing chance to get into every law school in the country (HYS included) even if he does not include his race on his application.

So, while he may benefit from being black, he hardly needs that extra push.

I second this.

Also, Jason you will do fine man. You will be in the top 160's and get into a T-10 school. Best of luck any ways.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

frankfurt

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 03:52:30 PM »
Jon Galt, Towllie, and Jason 240 have a combined 3 million posts on this website. ANYTIME the issue of AA comes up, these three African Americans immediately reject the notion that AA is a humongous helper. Have any of you ever wondered why a white applicant with a 158 would never DREAM of applying to a t14? Probably because you are delusional and think of yourselves as so "unique" because you are a minority. 158/White applying to NYU, “Are you nuts!” 158/Black applying to NYU, “Oh great, you are probably a really interesting candidate.”

4ssh0l3

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 03:54:25 PM »
You are a gay black man from an IVY.  Just apply to HYS and STFU.

Hmm... this merits a response.  Mine might not be the best, so I apologize:

I'm sorry that either your skin is not as dark as mine or that you do not go to an Ivy League school or both, as I do not imagine that neither is the case.  Perhaps in your next life, should you not be approaching that nihilistic end of ultimate ultimateness, you shall be more fortunate.  Better luck next time, slugger.

Your insecurities are apparent every time you question whether or not you will get into a certain set of schools.  You should be happy AA has been created for your benefit.

In summation, STFU and be grateful. 

jeb240

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 03:56:15 PM »
I do not think John Galt is in denial.

I think he's being reasonably humble about his chances.

And I'd like to think that being black and coming from an IVY is really the "icing on the cake" of the application I've put together for these schools, but I do realize that at least the first of those two characteristics constitutes more than merely icing for admissions purposes.

But, it's such a crap shoot already and my GPA isn't hot-bikini-clad-fun-in-the-sun for any school.

bloomich

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 03:56:47 PM »
He is in total denial about the benefits of being black.

Not as much as most of the posters here are in total denial of the benefits of being white.

Or just most people, in general.  This is exactly the point.  Excellent response.

4ssh0l3

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2005, 03:58:20 PM »
I do not think John Galt is in denial.

I think he's being reasonably humble about his chances.

And I'd like to think that being black and coming from an IVY is really the "icing on the cake" of the application I've put together for these schools, but I do realize that at least the first of those two characteristics constitutes more than merely icing for admissions purposes.

But, it's such a crap shoot already and my GPA isn't hot-bikini-clad-fun-in-the-sun for any school.

Your gpa is more than likley a result of your socioeconomic situation, which is in part due to the race of your parents. 

That is on Columbia's 4.5 scale, correct?  It is bad, I agree, but your other factors make up for it 100x.

For you and John Galt, a score in the 160s and HYS is not a crapshoot.