Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ARGH... so annoyed.  (Read 328 times)

loveless

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school is NICE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
ARGH... so annoyed.
« on: October 17, 2005, 11:56:07 PM »
So, I can't really apply into my LOR's get in b/c a lot of schools will consider my app complete with the 1 LOR I have in currently.

I want to get these things in so bad. 2 LOR's are in the mail, 1 of which was mailed up to 3 weeks ago. I am so sick of these things kicking around.
"Pre-tay, pre-tay, pre-tay good."

Attending: Michigan.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=loveless

J-Forizzle

• Chiggity Check Yourself
    • View Profile
Re: ARGH... so annoyed.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 10:24:02 AM »
I'm in the same boat.  Except my second LOR isn't in the mail yet.  I'm having my professor from last semester, who is my professor again this semester write it for me.  He keeps saying stuff like I'm close to finishing it, it will be done soon.  He's the one that stressed I get this applications in early.  I just feel rude every week having to ask him when the LOR will be done.  I've got all my apps filled out and ready to go, I just don't want to be reviewed with one LOR which isn't even from school, ARGH.
LSAT: 159
GPA: 2.6 (3.88)
In:  NKY, Dayton, Mizzou-KCity
Out:  Everywhere else

jeb240

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 04:32:35 AM »
It's a risky maneuver, but when I weighed the chance of my professor getting upset/peeved with the chance of my apps not getting in by my personal deadline, I decided it was worth the risk:

I emailed my last prof and told him flatly that everything was in, except his LOR.  I'd taken the LSAT, the other LOR was in, my app was submitted.  I explained, kindly, that I understand he has a lot to do these days, but that after my LSAT score comes in the only thing that will be holding up my application is his one remaining LOR.

He mailed it about 1.5weeks later.  He didn't seem upset about my email at all, either.  But I do think that if I had not laid it all out on the table like that, I'd still be waiting.

faultytowers

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 10:33:36 AM »
I'm confused -- will a school start considering your application when it's technically "complete" even if you indicate that other LOR's are on the way?