Law School Discussion

Any info?

djr44

• 3.82 GPA 176 LSAT
    • View Profile
Any info?
« on: July 02, 2004, 01:01:14 PM »
I am new to this board, but I wanted to ask for some advice or suggestions.  I just received my LSAT score, 176, today. The negative part is that my freshman year GPA was about 0.9. I was a total slacker and never went to class. I took time off of school and have maintained about 3.96 since then. I retook almost every class that I had taken my freshman year. My school replaces the old grade with the new one, but I have heard that the LSACD or whoever takes both into account. My current school calculated GPA is 3.82, but I do not know exactly what it will be once it gets pounded down by LSACD.  Does anyone know how this will affect me in the application process? I would love to go to Harvard.  If I did not get in there, I would probably attend the highest ranked school that offers me money if any of them do so.

P.S. I am technically an URM, but my family is from Uruguay and I grew up in Massachusetts. My skin is whiter than most white folk and I have never really been discriminated against, so I do not plan on using this too much in

Duner

Re: Any info?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 02:06:23 PM »
use the urm card, say the first semester gpa was because you were working full time to help support the immigration of your politically persecuted relatives from uruguay... and send me a card after you enjoy your first year at stanford, yale, or harvard!