Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Kinko's Guy...  (Read 7733 times)

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Kinko's Guy...
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2005, 02:18:50 PM »
if you're arrogant because you have no interest in dating someone that works @ Kinkos that stalked you by using a company document to contact you.. then i guess he's referring to u 2L :D... the kinko's guy needs to acidentally trip down a flight of stairs...

What's wrong with working at Kinkos? I can think of a million worst things a black man in America can be doing.  At least this guy has a job.  You must bump that Kanye song 24/7.

Michigan 2L

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2005, 02:22:49 PM »
blk_reign.esq wrote:

I just think we're too old to date cashiers and package wrappers man...

Could you be passing up on some good guys?

She will be alone, too.  Don't worry, God doesn't like ugly.
Michigan 2L

lex19

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2005, 02:33:11 PM »
God sure doesn't like ugly so you might want to refrain from trying to call people out...what's so arrogant about not wanting to date someone that work's at a paper store?? Let us know when the last time you dated someone that worked at a gas station or paper center after graduating from undergrad and then maybe your posts may be justified....maybe

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2005, 02:33:47 PM »
sweetheart I'm sure you'll be alone if you think that a woman is a gold digger because she doesn't want to date (in order to marry) a man that works at Kinkos... if a man is 30 - or a woman for that matter and is still working a job that they could have had in high school then there's something wrong with that picture...

another thing..a lot of men have issues dating women that are making more money than they do...and back on this Kinkos guy that was originally discussed in this thread..

one can argue that the main reason that he was interested in 2L was because she was in law school and he saw the potential that came from that... he could be looking for a way out of his  Kinko's job and searching for a financially stable woman to sweep him off of his feet..

if you're arrogant because you have no interest in dating someone that works @ Kinkos that stalked you by using a company document to contact you.. then i guess he's referring to u 2L :D... the kinko's guy needs to acidentally trip down a flight of stairs...

What's wrong with working at Kinkos? I can think of a million worst things a black man in America can be doing.  At least this guy has a job.  You must dump that Kanye song 24/7.

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

j.rosh

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2005, 02:37:16 PM »
blk_reign.esq wrote:

::)
Dang, are you the Kinko's guy, or are you the ex-boyfriend that can't get over a bad breakup?  Give them a break-there's nothing wrong with knowing what you want and sticking by it. And speaking of what God doesn't like and being alone, do you also include your judgment of others?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2005, 02:39:55 PM »
the bottom line is this... if we've taken the time to get our professional degrees to gear up to a career that's both fulfilling and makes a difference in this world.. do you honestly think that we're going to go to Kinko's to be pursued by the check out man :D? the difference between a man working at Kinko's as a cashier and a man working at McDonald's as a cashier is the uniform....

God sure doesn't like ugly so you might want to refrain from trying to call people out...what's so arrogant about not wanting to date someone that work's at a paper store?? Let us know when the last time you dated someone that worked at a gas station or paper center after graduating from undergrad and then maybe your posts may be justified....maybe

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2005, 02:41:56 PM »
girl s/he isn't ready for that  :D

And speaking of what God doesn't like and being alone, do you also include your judgment of others?

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2005, 02:44:02 PM »
blk_reign.esq wrote:

No need to come at Blk sideways though homie, you can still get your point across a few notches down.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

1lwhit

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2005, 06:29:44 PM »
I totally agree with Blk. 

Aside from the fact that the KINKO's guy worked at KINKO's, he looked as though he was 18 or 19, AND he dissed me b/c I don't have a job.

I refuse to date men that are cashiers, etc. b/c I have found that when I do attempt to "give a brotha a chance," I end up frustrated and disappointed b/c we are worlds apart....

I'm concerned about graduating from law school...he's concerned about finding a cosigner for a car.  I'm concerned about public policy and my 401K...he's concerned about the name of the vodka on tap and when he finds out its McCormick, he asks the waiter the cost of Henessey.  Or my favorite…I use a word or two and he actually asks for the definition!  Do you know how it feels to be the dictionary on a date???  The list goes on and on.  PLUS, I seriously doubt a black professional man would want me if I were not goal oriented. 

So yes...I will not date cashiers, men with bad credit, men that are not driven...etc.  If I end up alone b/c of my standards, then so be it.

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2005, 06:44:39 PM »
blk_reign.esq wrote:

Wow......And U R........  :-\
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!