Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Kinko's Guy...  (Read 8072 times)

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
Re: The Kinko's Guy...
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2005, 03:46:30 PM »
Bp.. we can do big things.. u help people get their credit on point.. i help people get into homes afterwards..

it could be huge!!!

Don't play, we're going to need business partners when we go live (~Thanksgiving) Blk.  We'll talk :-)

E, you're a trip.  I like how you handled yourself in that thread this morning, good stuff.

thanks BP. which thread? 

The one about A.A.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2005, 07:49:15 PM »
** I know I should get a blog...but I like posting my goings on here :)

So I dropped off my moot court brief for binding at Kinko's this morning.  I left my phone number on the order sheet as required.  When I picked it up this afternoon, I was looking bummy in my sweats.  A young (attractive) black guy began to ring me up.  The following conversation ensued...

Kinko's Guy: Can I take you out tonight?
Me: Umm, how much do I owe?
KG: I'll give you the discount...so $8. 
Me: Thanks!
KG: So, can I take you out?  Actually, where do you work? 
Me: I don't work, I'm a full-time student.
KG: Oh, nevermind then, I don't date women that don't have jobs.

I laughed and left.  I wanted to put him on blast about working at KINKO's! 

Later on in the day my phone rings...
KG: Hi...I think we got of to the wrong start, I'd like to get to know you.
Me: Whoa, is this the guy from Kinko’s?  Did you get my number from the order form?
KG: Yes…I thought we kinda had something.  Can I ask you something?  Some people came in with projects similar to yours and they said they were in law school.  Are you in law school, too?
Me: Yes
KG: Well, let me tell you about myself b/c I'd like to get to know you.
Me: Actually...I'm pretty busy right now. 
CLICK

Men are getting on my nerves!  HELP!

CLassic!

Had a very similar thing happen to me at Kinko's, cause I came in there to copy some stuff and when I was taking out the stuff to be copied, I pulled out my planner, which has Boalt Hall School of Law on it.  Dude was like, "Ah, law school, huh?  I bet you're gonna be making lots of money when you get out....So, uh, are you single?" I blew him off and he wasn't shady enough to call me, thank God!

With all these gold-diggin men around, I don't tell people I am in law school.

I went back to the Alma Mater a few weeks back and my girl (who is an Olympic gold medalist and a professional athlete) and I were at this Que's house party.  All these Ques were all up on us, asking us where we were from, what we did, etc.  I was like, "I went to UT undergrad, was a freshman for 3 years, then failed out."  At first my girl started to say something, but then she caught on to what I was doing, so when they asked her, she said she was unemployed.  Then we just chilled out, drank, and laughed about it for the rest of the night.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2005, 08:44:03 PM »
Ruskie you still go to undergrad parties? UT doesn't have the graduate "grown and sexy parties?" :-\
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

lex19

« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2005, 08:46:44 PM »
funny night, GO EAGLES!!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2005, 08:48:15 PM »
Ruskie you still go to undergrad parties? UT doesn't have the graduate "grown and sexy parties?" :-\

Um, I'm 23 so it's still acceptable for me to go to undergrad parties.

But, to satisfy your morbid curiosity and incessant need to belittle me, this was a bunch of old kats, most of whom were about 3 years ahead of me in school, so it was a mix of grad, law, phd students and ppl who are working professionals.

is that okay mommy?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2005, 08:50:57 PM »
belittle you? it was a serious question.. why are you being defensive? i don't have any children btw...

But, to satisfy your morbid curiosity and incessant need to belittle me, this was a bunch of old kats, most of whom were about 3 years ahead of me in school, so it was a mix of grad, law, phd students and ppl who are working professionals.

is that okay mommy?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2005, 08:56:35 PM »
belittle you? it was a serious question.. why are you being defensive? i don't have any children btw...

is that okay mommy?

try to play it off now. cute.  it's clear to anyone with eyes and a brain that your question had a contentious tone to it.  damn, ruskie, why are you attending undergrad parties? you are so lame.  i am way too mature and cool to do that.  (i'll leave out the part where everyone here was getting excited about howard's homecoming, when most of y'all didn't even go there.) 

it was delta week, my girl's a delta, i came back. it's my alma mater and i will always feel comfortable partying there, whether i am 23 or 53.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2005, 09:10:49 PM »
I've never been known to bite my tongue on this board or off..so I wouldn't start doing that this evening...you can't always tell a person's "tone" from what they've said on a message board..that's why you ask questions for clarity instead of assuming that someone's trying to clown you...

I do think it's lame to go to undergrad parties after a certain point in life but that wasn't what I was asking you..nor the intent behind my last post... I asked if they had graduate "grown and sexy parties" during UT's homecoming week... some universities don't do that...  and seeing that I never mess with non hbcu homecomings (btw I did take courses at Howard through consortium so for all intent and purposes was in fact a student) I really don't know how the events are set up...

people don't go to Howard's homecoming to go to the undergraduate parties...in fact the majority of the parties are @ area clubs thrown by various entertainment groups...people go to Howard's homecoming because it was in fact the first HBCU and is the mecca.. it's home and unlike predom white universities HBCU's are quite welcoming of everyone to come and celebrate... same applies for other HBC homecomings..

is that okay mommy?

try to play it off now. cute.  it's clear to anyone with eyes and a brain that your question had a contentious tone to it.  damn, ruskie, why are you attending undergrad parties? you are so lame.  i am way too mature and cool to do that.  (i'll leave out the part where everyone here was getting excited about howard's homecoming, when most of y'all didn't even go there.) 

it was delta week, my girl's a delta, i came back. it's my alma mater and i will always feel comfortable partying there, whether i am 23 or 53.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2005, 09:20:41 PM »
I've never been known to bite my tongue on this board or off..so I wouldn't start doing that this evening...you can't always tell a person's "tone" from what they've said on a message board..that's why you ask questions for clarity instead of assuming that someone's trying to clown you...

I do think it's lame to go to undergrad parties after a certain point in life but that wasn't what I was asking you..nor the intent behind my last post... I asked if they had graduate "grown and sexy parties" during UT's homecoming week... some universities don't do that...  and seeing that I never mess with non hbcu homecomings (btw I did take courses at Howard through consortium so for all intent and purposes was in fact a student) I really don't know how the events are set up...

people don't go to Howard's homecoming to go to the undergraduate parties...in fact the majority of the parties are @ area clubs thrown by various entertainment groups...people go to Howard's homecoming because it was in fact the first HBCU and is the mecca.. it's home and unlike predom white universities HBCU's are quite welcoming of everyone to come and celebrate... same applies for other HBC homecomings..

is that okay mommy?

as i have said before, it wasn't a huge event.  just a house party during delta week.  our homecoming isn't until the middle of november.