Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Miami  (Read 5007 times)

chonralda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Miami
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2005, 03:08:19 PM »
I am....sitting here with the letter, rather thick, waiting to open it because my apt mates insist on everyone being present at 'openings', as we're all applying to one grad school or another...either dental, eng, or law.....the result is: ...(after 1 hr of watching football, eating lunch, and waiting for a friend to get back from a group meeting:....AACEPTED!
University of Connecticut '09

IN: Miami, Syracuse ($$)
WL: Penn State, Maryland, Case
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=chonralda

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2005, 06:15:12 PM »
I am....sitting here with the letter, rather thick, waiting to open it because my apt mates insist on everyone being present at 'openings', as we're all applying to one grad school or another...either dental, eng, or law.....the result is: ...(after 1 hr of watching football, eating lunch, and waiting for a friend to get back from a group meeting:....AACEPTED!

That's really sweet!  And CONGRATS!   :D

Tulane33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005, 08:34:21 PM »
In today 158/3.63

ellay

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2005, 01:40:40 PM »
also in 3.7/157

chonralda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2005, 07:23:54 PM »
SO, when are people thinking of sending stuff in to them? ie requesting housing brochure and whatever else we could (there were 3 options i believe). Is this anyone's first choice? BTW, is everyone not sending in their 300 fee until april, in the hopes of admittance elsewhere?

john83

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2005, 08:31:26 PM »
in yesterday, 12/5. or at least that's when i got the mail. 163/3.7.

i'm waiting to see the scholarship offer (if one). but i've gotten into other schools i'd rather go to than the U. although, living in miami would be fun.

chonralda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2005, 10:20:04 PM »
It will be 9 degrees tonight in Ann Arbor, and a high of 21 tomorrow...Miami looks great, with or without a law school. Personally, I've dreamed of ditching law, getting a degree or two in computers/web design and starting my own web design firm in Hawaii...:)

john83

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2005, 10:27:09 PM »
It will be 9 degrees tonight in Ann Arbor, and a high of 21 tomorrow...Miami looks great, with or without a law school. Personally, I've dreamed of ditching law, getting a degree or two in computers/web design and starting my own web design firm in Hawaii...:)

i'll represent you if you need a lawyer.

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2005, 10:32:57 PM »

Become a taxi driver instead.  It's much more lucrative than web design is these days.
Emory '09

LSN

Linzy628

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2005, 03:03:21 AM »
Hello everyone accepted to Miami (and those still waiting to hear) - -

I am a 1L at UM now. I remember a year ago I was in your shoes, waiting anxiosly to hear back from schools, obessively checking my mailbox, and writing to people on LSD...

STOP! Everyone stop and go to the bar. Go to a movie. Enjoy your freedom!! PLEASE!! I am in HELL right now. 2 finals down and 2 more to go - - everyone who was in law school last year told me not to come, warned me how hard it was, etc. They were right. I was too stupid to listen. Dont get me wrong, this definately was the best choice for me. But if i wasnt in Miami and had the sunny weather (which, i only see for for five minutes as I walk from my car into the library) I would kill myself. No really. Think about moving away from all your friends and family. Think about not having any free time - because you wont. Think about the money, all the money that will be spent on school, etc. Think about the stress and the pressure and really really ask yourselves if you can do this. Several people have dropped out. Everyone is stressed and many people are miserable and threatening to drop out. It gets to the point later in the semester when you have memos due and exams looming and you have so much work you have to skip classes just to get all the *&^% done.

BUT - - I love miami. I love the school. I love the pressure - this is what I can see myself doing everyday for years to come. We have an amazing 1L class - tons of fun people and I have made friends here I will have the rest of my life. I dont know about other schools. I have friends at schools in Chicago, Michigan (where i am from), and boston - they are miserable. The people at those schools are not cool and the weather sucks. You might not think that is a big deal, but trust me, it is.
LSAC GPA 3.63, LSAT 158