Law School Discussion

Democracy of Iraq has Constitution

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Democracy of Iraq has Constitution
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2005, 02:16:51 PM »
julie agrees congress got down on knees for bush 0 on this one.  however, he offered lies so he has higher degree of fault.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2005, 02:49:11 PM »
the congress does have fault, but this war with Iraq was Bush's idea in the first place and he pushed it with deception and lies (yellow cake and aluminim tubes, for example) so he has a much higher level of culpability

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2005, 06:12:57 PM »
you fine american.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2005, 06:41:16 PM »
okay...somebody did not follow my timeline re: the former dictator of iraq.
and my mention that other administrations had to deal with the murdering despot.

boy do aye remember the following: strange that you guys do not acknowledge or do not remember it.

on december 16/98 6:00pm nyc time...

"earlier today, i ordered america's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq...they are joined by british forces...their mission is to attack iraq's nuclear, chemical, and biological programs, and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors."

hussein has been a problem...his heirs would have been a bigger problem...the kurds...shiites...sunnis were not in charge of their own country...that administration recognized the ramifications...

congress and the administration pushed hussein out.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2005, 06:47:42 PM »
good thing u.s. not have problem now, eh?

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2005, 06:52:49 PM »
and my mention that other administrations had to deal with the murdering despot.

boy do aye remember the following: strange that you guys do not acknowledge or do not remember it.

"earlier today, i ordered america's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq...they are joined by british forces...their mission is to attack iraq's nuclear, chemical, and biological programs, and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors."

hussein has been a problem...his heirs would have been a bigger problem...the kurds...shiites...sunnis were not in charge of their own country...that administration recognized the ramifications...

A. Clinton used the right ammount of force
B. The US is not the police force of the world
C. It was not in our national interest to go to war

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2005, 07:02:49 PM »

A. In Rawanda or Iraq?
B. Are you a liberal or not?
C. I agree

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2005, 07:27:40 PM »

a. clinton's administration orchestrated an attack on iraq...necessarily so...so, realistically...since hussein moved into kuwait...it has been ON.
b. agreed...but allied countries protect its allies.
c. why was it in our national interest for clinton to order an attack on iraq?
d. what would you call clinton's order to attack iraq?

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2005, 09:16:02 PM »

A. In Rawanda or Iraq?
B. Are you a liberal or not?
C. I agree
A. Iraq
B. Domestic Policy - Liberal; Foreign Policy - Realist with some liberal leanings

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2005, 09:20:09 PM »

a. clinton's administration orchestrated an attack on iraq...necessarily so...so, realistically...since hussein moved into kuwait...it has been ON.
b. agreed...but allied countries protect its allies.
c. why was it in our national interest for clinton to order an attack on iraq?
d. what would you call clinton's order to attack iraq?
A. But Clinton did not invade and occupy Iraq
B. The US is not alloed with the Kurds, the Kurds are not a country/nation-state, and there were no allies calling for the invasion and occupation of Iraq, not even Israel
C. Clintons air strike was in our interest because there was something to gain and nothing to lose; continued deterence at the price of a few missles
D. Clinton's order to attack was a justified response of proportional force to Iraqi shots at planes enforcing the no fly zone.  At some point Saddam was going to realize that shooting at our planes was not in his interest but at that point he was just testing the waters.