Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USC Waitlist News?  (Read 4871 times)

stillundecided

• View Profile
Re: USC Waitlist News?
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2004, 05:34:25 PM »
I wish they would include an update about how many people they've taken from the wait list, and even though I know it's not going to happen, I kind of want to know why they picked them over me. Oh well.

lawyer2b

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2004, 10:14:46 PM »
Based on lsn, it seems that they may have placed a lot of people on their waitlist.  I received their letter today asking if I would like to remain on the WL.  Sure I'll stay on it.  It makes me think of a poker game where I've got long odds holding a pair of 2's but feel like I should stay in the game to see if anything develops.

skotval

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2004, 01:02:30 PM »
Hey guys,
  This is probably not what you want to hear, but there is in fact a priority waitlist.  I got the email asking if I wanted to be put on the list.  I wrote back saying that I did and then a couple days later I received an email saying I had been accepted.  I just receivied my packet in the mail.  I am still debating if I am going to attend though because of financial reasons (they give no scholarship to those accepted off the waitist).  I have to decide in the next 2 days so I will let you know.... and I'm still holding out for UCLA!

stillundecided

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2004, 05:03:02 PM »
Congrats on getting in  :)
I'm thinking of calling them and asking them to put me on the priority wait list, just to see what they say.

skotval

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2004, 06:58:43 PM »
Thanks :)  I decided not to accept my offer of admission so hopefully one of you will hear from them soon.

Keilie

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 01:05:45 PM »
Thanks for withdrawing!  Best of luck with UCLA before you move to Chicago...

stillundecided

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2004, 07:21:38 PM »
I asked to be put on the priority wait list and they said it doesn't work that way. No big surprise there, I guess.   :-[

Keilie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2004, 10:05:51 PM »
I think it's fantastic you had the balls to ask!  Were they suprised?

stillundecided

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2004, 01:57:05 PM »
I don't know. I e-mailed them and got a reply by e-mail. I'd like to think they were caught off guard. It's the least they could do after stringing me along for months.

I think it's fantastic you had the balls to ask!  Were they suprised?

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2004, 04:09:49 PM »
Yeah, I'm kinda pissed that they've been lying to us about there not being a PWL. They could at least have the common courtesy to let us know that they don't want us that much.