Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USC Waitlist News?  (Read 4844 times)

stillundecided

• View Profile
Re: USC Waitlist News?
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2004, 01:20:50 AM »
They didn't lie to me -- I called and asked if there was a priority wait list and they said yes.
But that doesn't mean I think they've been in any way forthcoming with information. I would have liked it if they'd provided a little more information when they sent that letter asking if we wanted to remain on the wait list -- letting me know I was in the second tier (or lower) on the wait list.
In any case, it's made me decide not to go there, should they ever get around to making me an offer.

Yeah, I'm kinda pissed that they've been lying to us about there not being a PWL. They could at least have the common courtesy to let us know that they don't want us that much.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2004, 10:55:27 AM »
I'm pissed b/c they did lie to me. It has mislead me to believe that there actually still is a chance for me to be accepted, which has created a lot of conflict in my personal life since it's almost August and I still have no idea where my boyfriend and I might be living in the end of August- perhaps in Las Vegas or LA.

ron80

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2004, 12:21:17 PM »
Giraffe--I feel your pain, my boyfriend is also hoping to move where I go to school (LA vs. DC) and the runaround has been agonizing...I am also not on the priority waitlist at USC and I am just going to 100% plan on going to GW and begin to slowly purge the USC option out of my mind...Good luck to you!

lawyerette

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 02:27:11 PM »
question: i know USC has accepted people off of their PWL and invited numerous people to remain on the normal WL, but does anyone know if they have rejected people off of the WL yet?

ron80

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2004, 04:13:40 AM »
FYI..I got in off the waitlist yesterday! I didn't receive the PWL e-mail so there is certainly hope for all who did not....BTW, my numbers are 3.6, 164...Good luck to everyone!

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2004, 09:59:33 AM »
It's hard to say congratulations when I know I want your spot, but you deserve it. Thanks for keeping us up to date and congratulations.

Keilie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2004, 12:53:49 PM »
Thanks for the hope, and congratulations.

Doc Holliday

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2004, 06:49:38 PM »
FYI..I got in off the waitlist yesterday! I didn't receive the PWL e-mail so there is certainly hope for all who did not....BTW, my numbers are 3.6, 164...Good luck to everyone!

Congrats, man. Did you send them lots of letters?

ron80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 04:28:21 AM »
I do not have a good explanation as to why I was finally admitted....I sent one letter to USC (two less than the other schools I am still waitlisted at!) and I am interested and have background in the focus of one of their clinics (Chilidren's Legal Issues)and...that is about it...I wish I had a better explanation. I actually went there today to pick up my stuff and spoke with the Dean for a bit. Unfortunately, he told me that he doesn't expect much more movement from the waitlist...maybe 2 or 3..hopefully it willl be some of you guys!!! Good luck!

Doc Holliday

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2004, 09:18:24 PM »
A little last second but I just got into SC off the waiting list. Weird, since I never turned in the letter confirming I wanted to remain on the WL in mid July. Declined the offer since I'm already happy where I'm going.

Good luck to anyone still holding out hope!