Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USC Waitlist News?  (Read 4942 times)

Keilie

• View Profile
USC Waitlist News?
« on: July 02, 2004, 02:00:42 PM »
On one of the other boards, someone posted that they received an email asking if they would accept a place on a priority waitlist.  This is, of course, heart wrenching because I have not received said email.  Has anyone else?  No one else had on the other board so I'm hoping it's a scam...

lobster

• View Profile
Re: USC Waitlist News?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 08:15:20 PM »
it does suck cause i have not recieved a pwl email,  hopefully its a scam.. On the otherhand I don't see much of a reason for someone to do that.  It wont make me or i imagine anyone else withdraw.  I just hope it was some dumbfuck. 

lawyerette

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 08:49:02 PM »
i dont think its a scam...several people on xoxohth.com have received the PWL email. the good news is they don't seem to have sent out the PWL email to everyone at once because someone posted about it yesterday and another person said they just got it today. so don't give up yet! good luck.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 10:10:49 PM »
Has anyone else checked their email? On the xoxo board it was only two ppl who claim to have received it. I looked around at other threads but didn't see anything.

Keilie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 01:29:10 PM »
I still haven't heard anything.  Anyone else have good news?

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 07:13:59 PM »
So I called USC today and they told me that there is no PWL. If there was one and they just wanted to spare my feelings, they would've just said their typical line, "we don't disclose that information." Besides they could hardly be known to have sympathy for applicants.

The PWL is nothing more than a hoax.

Doc Holliday

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 12:16:06 PM »
When you called, did they mention if they were going to go to the waitlist?

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 05:42:20 PM »
To be honest, I didn't even ask. A week or two ago I called and asked if they began to review the WL files and she said yes but that no one had been admitted as of that point.

Do you think I should call and ask if my file has been re-reviewed?

dl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 07:25:04 PM »
Called USC today...they HAVE started to take people from the wait list recently.  They do not know if more room will become available.  To notify people, they send an email, and then mail an admissions packet.  As far as the PWL, I got a shady answer...so it may exist, but not sure. 

Keilie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 08:03:13 PM »
No email today, but a form asking me to fill it out and return it to be kept on the waiting list.  Also saying that their incoming class is full.

I'm sure we'll all get it so I'll resist quoting.