Any Hispanics heading for Law School?

Derecho_Girl

• Most wanted
    • View Profile
    • Email
Any Hispanics heading for Law School?
« on: July 02, 2004, 09:45:54 AM »
Hey,

Just wondering if there are any Latinos that got accepted? I've been seeing alot of chatter among the Korean crowd. Where's     "mi gente"??  ;D

inthesun

Re: Any Hispanics heading for Law School?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 09:48:50 AM »
Soy tu gente!  But alas, I am a part of the waiting for their scores in agony crowd.

Viva la raza!

LambdaChi03

• BS in Forensic Science, Baylor; KU Law
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 10:51:57 AM »
Hispanic here from Houston, TX!  Headed to University of Kansas.  Where are you headed?

dta

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 12:05:15 PM »
Chicano here from Austin. LS in Fall 2005. Hoping for UT. UH as backup plan.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 03:20:13 PM »
I play one on TV.

Derecho_Girl

• Most wanted
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 05:45:21 PM »
I'll be part of the Cooley law school crowd. I've heard mixed reviews about the school, but I'm gonna take my chances and go for it. I'm planning to kick ass my first year so I can transfer to a higher ranked school. I refuse to let the LSAT screw my chances of pursuing my career goals. Out of curiosity how did you guys score??

Peace out.

L1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 07:13:17 PM »
Latina here from Las Vegas. I'll be going to UNLV unless I get off the USC WL.

risk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 06:43:20 PM »
 ::) I am.3.96gpa /149LSAT  Got in at  NY Law ,Barry,Nova,St Thomas{Miami}Touro ,and Cuny. Waitlist  at Syracuse,Albany,Western New England,and Washburn. Took a hit from Buffalo,my first choice.I decided to save some money and go to CUNY despite the negatives i hear .My oldest brother went to Fordham and  took on a tremendous debt.He encouraged me to save my dollars and go cheap.Only Barry and Touro offered $

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 12:11:13 PM »
Un saludo a toda la raza.  Mexican-American from Cali. here currently on a waitlist...if it doesn't work out I'm gonna have to reapply next year.  Is anybody here the first in their family to pursue higher education?  I've found it to be really tough to gain admission at high ranked law schools since I don't have the background or had the resources of other more privileged folks.  It's okay though.....si se puede!      

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 12:20:09 PM »
Risk: why not prep more for the LSAT, and re-take it?? If you scored 11 more points, it could really open your options up...especially with a 3.96 gpa. I think you would be cheating yourself by not trying again.

jhg2: What were your stats?

I'm a (half) Mexican-American, and I will be applying to law schools in the fall. I have a mediocre gpa, so I'm really  trying to study my ass off for the LSAT. Hopefully all goes well.