Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I need a man in my life  (Read 1952 times)

thechoson

I need a man in my life
« on: July 02, 2004, 11:25:44 AM »
No, not like that you sick fucks.

Sometimes, I'll sit around and want a male role model in my life.  My dad is sorta like that, but he was never around when I was a kid cause he was working all the time.  I was an only child for 14 years, so no older brothers, and our family was alone in the USA, so there were no older relatives I could turn to.

I ain't complaining, cause my life has been good thus far.  But sometimes I wish I had that older male figure in my life who could have stood up for me against bullies, talked to me about girls and sex, the SATs and going to college, and how to act on my first job, things like that.  My dad couldn't and didn't do any of these things for me, he kinda expected me to figure it out myself.

Sometimes I miss that aspect about being in Korea.  The male relationships are closer there.  It doesn't have to even be an older relative.  It can be a "sunbae", who can be an older alum or co worker, or even an older friend.  These older dudes customarily take you under their wing, buy you some soju, give you good advice, things of this nature.  I think that aspect of Korea I miss the most, and I don't get that here and sometimes I feel all alone.

It's a totally Korean thing, too.  I could never have that kind of bond with an older dude that's not Korean, it's hard to explain.

I've been turning fobby of late, watching Korean dramas and listening to K-Pop again, and its kinda made me nostalgic about Korea.  Sometimes I sit around wishing  I had an older dude I could just go out to have some dinner with and pour out all my life's issues.

Oh well, felt kinda down today, so felt like ranting.

I don't know, does anyone else feel similarly?

nathanielmark

Re: I need a man in my life
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 11:27:20 AM »
dont they have programs in prisons where you can befriend a convict?  im sure theres a nice guy locked up somewhere who would love to get to know you cho.

No, not like that you sick fucks.

Sometimes, I'll sit around and want a male role model in my life.  My dad is sorta like that, but he was never around when I was a kid cause he was working all the time.  I was an only child for 14 years, so no older brothers, and our family was alone in the USA, so there were no older relatives I could turn to.

I ain't complaining, cause my life has been good thus far.  But sometimes I wish I had that older male figure in my life who could have stood up for me against bullies, talked to me about girls and sex, the SATs and going to college, and how to act on my first job, things like that.  My dad couldn't and didn't do any of these things for me, he kinda expected me to figure it out myself.

Sometimes I miss that aspect about being in Korea.  The male relationships are closer there.  It doesn't have to even be an older relative.  It can be a "sunbae", who can be an older alum or co worker, or even an older friend.  These older dudes customarily take you under their wing, buy you some soju, give you good advice, things of this nature.  I think that aspect of Korea I miss the most, and I don't get that here and sometimes I feel all alone.

It's a totally Korean thing, too.  I could never have that kind of bond with an older dude that's not Korean, it's hard to explain.

I've been turning fobby of late, watching Korean dramas and listening to K-Pop again, and its kinda made me nostalgic about Korea.  Sometimes I sit around wishing  I had an older dude I could just go out to have some dinner with and pour out all my life's issues.

Oh well, felt kinda down today, so felt like ranting.

I don't know, does anyone else feel similarly?

thechoson

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 11:30:07 AM »
Thanks Colonel Sanders, I will call your dad up immediately

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 11:36:04 AM »
its a korean thing.  the sunbae-hoobae relationship, the hyung-dongseng relationship...its like having a mentor to look up to, vent to, someone to buy you dinner or drinks, someone to teach you the 'right' way of drinking (korean mannerisms), someone to show you korean etiquette...

ive found that in school, i never had a person like this either.  funny thing is, i found this hyung at an old job and he's still there for me.  its important to find someone with similar interests.

i would offer, but im no role model.  and youre in cali.  im not moving there.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

thechoson

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 11:51:55 AM »
its a korean thing.  the sunbae-hoobae relationship, the hyung-dongseng relationship...its like having a mentor to look up to, vent to, someone to buy you dinner or drinks, someone to teach you the 'right' way of drinking (korean mannerisms), someone to show you korean etiquette...

ive found that in school, i never had a person like this either.  funny thing is, i found this hyung at an old job and he's still there for me.  its important to find someone with similar interests.

you can be my online hyungnim.  has your wife started craving weird *&^% yet?

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 11:53:56 AM »

you can be my online hyungnim.  has your wife started craving weird *&^% yet?

shes craved weird *&^% all her life.  theres nothing different in that department. 

but shes gettin MOODY. 

thechoson

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 11:56:30 AM »
put the female dog in her place if she gets out of line.

Korean style.  You know, give her a 1000 dollars and let her shop.

nathanielmark

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2004, 12:03:36 PM »
Cho, if you are looking for someone to tell you about "the birds and the bees", just PM me....  id be glad to help..

thechoson

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 12:11:58 PM »
Cho, if you are looking for someone to tell you about "the birds and the bees", just PM me....  id be glad to help..

Thanks for the offer, but I figured that one out on my own..  Maybe you could help me with putting on a rubber though, could never figure that out

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2004, 12:13:33 PM »
put the female dog in her place if she gets out of line.

Korean style.  You know, give her a 1000 dollars and let her shop.

then she would be out shopping every 15 minutes.  i cant afford that.