Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I need a man in my life  (Read 1981 times)

nathanielmark

Re: I need a man in my life
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2004, 12:17:39 PM »

i think the problem here is you are trying to use standard rubbers which will be much too big.. you need to go to a specialty shop for asian sizes.

Cho, if you are looking for someone to tell you about "the birds and the bees", just PM me....  id be glad to help..

Thanks for the offer, but I figured that one out on my own..  Maybe you could help me with putting on a rubber though, could never figure that out

thechoson

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2004, 12:19:48 PM »

i think the problem here is you are trying to use standard rubbers which will be much too big.. you need to go to a specialty shop for asian sizes.

Cho, if you are looking for someone to tell you about "the birds and the bees", just PM me....  id be glad to help..

Thanks for the offer, but I figured that one out on my own..  Maybe you could help me with putting on a rubber though, could never figure that out

Why don't you just send me some you use?  I'll try not to rip them

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2004, 02:41:36 PM »
but shes gettin MOODY.

dood, I just had a pregnant friend come and stay with me for a few months until she got set up in the states.  When she got here she was in her 6th month, and I thankfully got her out the door a few days before she delivered, but let me tell you, the moodiness, just escalated the whole time.  By the beginning of the nineth month it was like living with godzilla.  But I suppose you'd have to multiply that *&^% by 1000 to come up with the Korean equivilant of moodiness.

But back on topic:

I've felt the same way about having a mentor.  Both my mother and father were total work-a-holics, I grew up in a very isolated area, and was really by myself most of the time.  Though I've missed it, I think raising yourself is kind of dope.  Everything takes longer (starting law school at 30) but I think you're more solid when you figure everything out for yourself, rather than just aping someone else's behavior.  Beyond that, I think you have more oppertunity to develope your own sense of self (which you have no shortage of). I also think you're experiencing part of the american thing. I personally feel like there are significant boundries between most people here.  Everytime I leave the states, I feel those boundries disappear.  I see people being way more intimate with each other (not in the nasty way, though I've seen a bit of that too), and way more open to new people...

You know theres probably some 16 year old dude that's wishing he had a "sunbae" right now, maybe you could help him out?
it's coming...

superiorlobe

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2004, 03:17:45 PM »
May I recommend a profound book:  Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul  By John Eldredge.  This book was a shock to my system and literally raised the hairs on the back of my neck.  I plan to read it again, this time with my laptop handy so I can outline the book and take notes.

No, not like that you sick fucks.

Sometimes, I'll sit around and want a male role model in my life.  My dad is sorta like that, but he was never around when I was a kid cause he was working all the time.  I was an only child for 14 years, so no older brothers, and our family was alone in the USA, so there were no older relatives I could turn to.

I ain't complaining, cause my life has been good thus far.  But sometimes I wish I had that older male figure in my life who could have stood up for me against bullies, talked to me about girls and sex, the SATs and going to college, and how to act on my first job, things like that.  My dad couldn't and didn't do any of these things for me, he kinda expected me to figure it out myself.

Sometimes I miss that aspect about being in Korea.  The male relationships are closer there.  It doesn't have to even be an older relative.  It can be a "sunbae", who can be an older alum or co worker, or even an older friend.  These older dudes customarily take you under their wing, buy you some soju, give you good advice, things of this nature.  I think that aspect of Korea I miss the most, and I don't get that here and sometimes I feel all alone.

It's a totally Korean thing, too.  I could never have that kind of bond with an older dude that's not Korean, it's hard to explain.

I've been turning fobby of late, watching Korean dramas and listening to K-Pop again, and its kinda made me nostalgic about Korea.  Sometimes I sit around wishing  I had an older dude I could just go out to have some dinner with and pour out all my life's issues.

Oh well, felt kinda down today, so felt like ranting.

I don't know, does anyone else feel similarly?