Law School Discussion

Canada Day

$ones

• View Profile
Canada Day
« on: July 01, 2004, 09:17:46 PM »
Today, July 1, is Canada Day. My nation's 137th birthday. Everyone's drinking beer tonight and the parties are gonna get buck wild. I have love for the States too but y'all gotta admit, canadian beer kicks ass! Just representing. I know you'll all be doin it on the 4th! CHEEEEEERS!!

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Canada Day
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 11:55:14 PM »
I feel like I should celebrate that, because my sister and I were going to pretend to be Canadian during our last trip to Europe since everyone hates us.  And I totally want to go to Banff, cuz it has two F's in a row, and that's funny.  Plus it looks gorgeous.  :)  Where in Canada did/do you live?

$ones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 07:05:16 AM »
I'm from Edmonton, Alberta. But if all goes well I'll be in the Northeastern US by this time next year..

I feel like I should celebrate that, because my sister and I were going to pretend to be Canadian during our last trip to Europe since everyone hates us.  And I totally want to go to Banff, cuz it has two F's in a row, and that's funny.  Plus it looks gorgeous.  :)  Where in Canada did/do you live?

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 07:06:09 AM »
Sones, what part of northeast US?  If you come near DC, by all means look me up...

I'm from Edmonton, Alberta. But if all goes well I'll be in the Northeastern US by this time next year..

$ones

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 07:28:00 AM »
Which part? I'll have a better indication of that on July 6. Where do you plan on going to LS?

Sones, what part of northeast US?  If you come near DC, by all means look me up...

jgruber

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 08:22:59 AM »
Happy Birthday to Canada, Happy Birthday to Canada, Happy Birthday to Canada, Happy Birthday to Canada!

pidge

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 08:17:21 PM »
Happy Belated Bday Canada! I celebrated in TO this past weekend.
On another note: I'm attending a US law school as well, and was wondering how much of a pain in the ass going back to Canada with a JD is going to be. I've read things that state they'd make me redo 3 years in a Canadian law school.

Does anyone have any info on that? Know any US JD's crossing back across the border with ease?

Cheeks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 08:29:02 PM »
Pidge, I'm Canadian as well, anyways,... no, you won't have to redo 3 years of law school if you go to the states.  That would be ridiculous.  But you will have to pass the Canadian tests after graduation if you want to practice in Canada, and from what I hear, this isn't actually an easy thing to do.  The law you will learn in the states is quite different and you'll have to do quite a bit of studying to pass.  That's what I've heard from people that have done it.

I plan on going to a US school but also planning on practicing in the US ...