Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone else OVER senior year of college?  (Read 1284 times)

BrassBalls

• View Profile
Anyone else OVER senior year of college?
« on: October 13, 2005, 02:32:00 AM »
Call me crazy, maybe I'm nuts, but I feel completely OVER my classes this year knowing that I'm going to law school next year.  I start giggling like a school girl thinking about it...Granted I'll probably be singing a completely different tune this time next year but does anyone feel the same?? ???

lsdaccount

Re: Anyone else OVER senior year of college?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 12:07:44 PM »
I'm only a Junior and I'm sick of college.  Maybe that's why I was on this board as a Freshman...

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 12:36:39 PM »
I'm kind of sad for y'all being "over college" and all.  I mean senior year should be fun and a time to solidify some really great lifelong friendships I think.  I miss it and those people everyday (although let's be clear, I don't want to go back to college... it's just nostalgia and being far away from my closest friends).  But I do understand being ready to graduate.  Oh well, to each her own I suppose.  If only I could stop being "over grad school" long enough to actually graduate it would be cool.

lsdaccount

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 12:47:04 PM »
I'm kind of sad for y'all being "over college" and all.  I mean senior year should be fun and a time to solidify some really great lifelong friendships I think.  I miss it and those people everyday (although let's be clear, I don't want to go back to college... it's just nostalgia and being far away from my closest friends).  But I do understand being ready to graduate.  Oh well, to each her own I suppose.  If only I could stop being "over grad school" long enough to actually graduate it would be cool.

Oh, I have no real friends at school and have not hung out on campus since freshman orientation.   Maybe that's why I am over college.   

Lucky77

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 02:35:20 PM »
I'm over my classes, but not over senior year. I mean, yeah, I can't WAIT for law school, but I'm having a blast, enjoying time with my friends, etc etc. Usually, if I get one B I am just off the wall pissed off, but I could see myself slipping to a 3.5 this semester and not even really caring (though, from the looks of it, I'll probably end up with a 4.0 anyways)

Cherish592

• kitty in a glass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 09:42:32 PM »
I'm over it too. Classes are getting repetitive and way too easy, even while I'm taking a few grad classes on the side. I'm also not going to be staying in the area, so I'm trying not to get too wrapped up with people here so I don't miss it too much. So, in short, I'm doing the same assignments and being anti-social. Yeah, torts and contracts sound good about now :-P

J-Forizzle

• Chiggity Check Yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 01:18:38 PM »
I have partied more this semester than any before.  I'm still kicking ass in class, I just have figured out how to succeed in undergrad.  I have no classes on Fridays so I'm going out every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.  My girlfriend is studying abroad for the semester and all my close friends are single guys.  I must admit I am having so much fun.  Maybe it's because it has been so long since I went out like this.  I must say my body probably isn't loving it.  I just figure next year and the years after are going to be tough so why not give it one last go.  I have been able to convince myself a number of different ways that it is alright to be partying three nights a week.  I have been very faithful to my girl, I do enjoy seeing if I can still get girl's phone numbers.  I mean come on, everyone wants to feel like they still got, hey I still got it!  So next year will probably suck, that is next year, this is now.
LSAT: 159
GPA: 2.6 (3.88)
In:  NKY, Dayton, Mizzou-KCity
Out:  Everywhere else

snikrep

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 09:28:45 PM »
I'm over my classes... I like my major, but unfortunately knowing that I will be heading on to law school and not doing any of this stuff makes me lose interest.

I've lately become addicted to ice cream, that's my guilty pleasure (just discovered Cold Stone... time to gain a few pounds)

futurejd20

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 03:19:01 PM »
I have partied more this semester than any before.  I'm still kicking ass in class, I just have figured out how to succeed in undergrad.  I have no classes on Fridays so I'm going out every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.  My girlfriend is studying abroad for the semester and all my close friends are single guys.  I must admit I am having so much fun.  Maybe it's because it has been so long since I went out like this.  I must say my body probably isn't loving it.  I just figure next year and the years after are going to be tough so why not give it one last go.  I have been able to convince myself a number of different ways that it is alright to be partying three nights a week.  I have been very faithful to my girl, I do enjoy seeing if I can still get girl's phone numbers.  I mean come on, everyone wants to feel like they still got, hey I still got it!  So next year will probably suck, that is next year, this is now.

Why are you still in a relationship with her if she's away? That's stupid. I would've just taken a 'break' with her.

CRDFNSKY

• NEEERDSSS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 08:50:18 PM »

If you're like alot of law students, you'll still drink plenty. Don't worry about that part. Lawyers have one of the highest rates of alcoholism among professionals because they learn it in law school.