Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bad Breakup...never date a psycho in the law school (PART II)  (Read 1596 times)

1lwhit

Bad Breakup...never date a psycho in the law school (PART II)
« on: October 13, 2005, 12:50:08 AM »
Jerk: Dean, look at these text messages that she sent me!
Dean: No.
Jerk: Well, when we dated she said and did...
Dean: Stop.  I don't need to hear about your personal life.
Jerk: Well she...
Dean: Did she violate the honor code?
Jerk: No
Dean: Did she break the law?
Jerk: No
Dean: Well, it looks like you simply had a bad breakup.  I'm actually going to review the eight paragraph email that you sent her b/c it seems as though you are attempting to use your popularity and position to threaten her and scare her.  Why would you want to ruin her future anyway?

Moral of the story...when you dig a ditch for someone, make sure it is big enough for you!

This guy is a JERK!  There are barely any blacks in law school so why is he trying to ruin it for one of the FEW black women here???  I bet he actually thinks he's respected but you know what?  I think administration is laughing at all of this and viewing this as some "black on black crime."  This guy just does NOT get it!  This also a person that does NOT, I repeat, does NOT support HBCUs.  He is a jerk and tried to get me.  He's jealous of me and tried to put my biz out there but he cannot block my blessings.

I cannot understand how a black man could turn on his OWN.  Last year he dated a white girl, her friends cursed him out, flipped him off, and all that and he did NOT go to administration on any of them.  He's just doesn't want to see a black woman doing well.  Did I mention that the jerk is almost 30? 

Why oh why are we STILL against each other????

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Breakup...never date in the law school (PART II)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 06:00:05 PM »
how did you find out? 

BTW this is so Roxie.  where is she?  I miss her

John Galt

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 08:52:49 PM »
what did you see in this guy anyways?

1lwhit

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 11:23:23 PM »

He was...
Popular
Charasmatic
Nice
Unnattractive
A big spender

After dating I realized that he was...
Fake
A poser
Materialistic
Phony
A self-proclaimed "politician that knew how to play the game"
Tried to make me into his Black Barbie

I just couldnt take it anymore so I finally just said, "Look, I am not the woman for you, and you are not the man for me."

And I am NOT Roxie.  I'm Whitney.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 12:13:35 AM »
I just couldnt take it anymore so I finally just said, "Look, I am not the woman for you, and you are not the man for me."

I hate to play devil's advocate, but were you a jerk about it? Relationships, no matter how straightforward they seem, are always a little complicated. People can devote a lot of themselves and it can have a huge impact when you find out the other person doesn't feel the same way. I think you owe it any partner to be very respectful of their feelings and give them their space so they can deal with it their own way.

Of course, if you were respectful to him, he certainly doesn't have the right to do what he's doing. But I don't think you should be worried about his rantings if you are secure about the way you handled things. In spite of his attempts to bring you down and everyone's apparent need for mindless gossip, I think people will come to respect you if you continue to handle the situation gracefully.

But if you do think you may have been insensitive of his feelings, why not invite him out for a cup of coffee and try to talk things over with him? See if he has something he needs to get off his chest? Maybe that may calm* things down a bit.

*Edit
Who's your Daddy now?

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 01:35:50 AM »

He was...
Popular
Charasmatic
Nice
Unnattractive?????
A big spender

After dating I realized that he was...
Fake
A poser
Materialistic
Phony
A self-proclaimed "politician that knew how to play the game"
Tried to make me into his Black Barbie

And I am NOT Roxie.  I'm Whitney.

wow, look at what you were looking for.  One thing was a big spender.  Now I might be wrong, but doesnt a big spending most of the time say he is materialistic?  You threw in there nice, but I would assume if he was really nice, he would not be trying to get you.  And I dont think I have anything to say about his being unattractive.  You like unattractive guys?  So, then the real reason there was a problem with the unattractive fat guy was that he was fat, because you like them unattractive.
Back in the saddle again.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 08:38:46 AM »
 :D .. you  seek men out because they spend big?? man he'll be broke by the time he's done with law school if that's the case.. and if what makes him quality is the clothes on his back or the car and expensive dinners then you both really have a lot to learn..
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

1lwhit

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 01:15:11 PM »
I see that we have a big misunderstanding...

I am attracted to men that are smart, goal oriented, respectful, respected in the community, nice, and charasmatic.  From the outside looking in, Mr. Wow seemed to possess all of those qualities.

Update on the overweight gentleman.  He came into a room that I was studying in the other night and he too is nice, charasmatic, funny, etc.  However, he is a 1L and I REFUSE to date anyone else in this law school.

Here is more interesting stuff about my ex / Mr. Wow...
He told me:
"Girl, I'm introducing you to popular people, bought you $200 jeans, take you to nice places, you were the first lady...I MADE YOU BLACKIE O!!!!"
"I'm with you b/c you're cute...but on second thought, you're 90% cute, the other 10%, I just don't know..."
One night I was tipsy and he said..."If you drove home, crashed, and died, then I wouldn't even care."

I won't even list the rest of the stuff b/c I am EMBARRASSED!  His friends bump into me at bars, but the dean said that will stop.  I swear, he's like the football captain or something...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 03:23:42 PM »
i have a close friend that's a 3L there..if u need someone to cuss him out let me know
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 03:43:16 PM »
I see that we have a big misunderstanding...

I am attracted to men that are smart, goal oriented, respectful, respected in the community, nice, and charasmatic.  From the outside looking in, Mr. Wow seemed to possess all of those qualities.

Update on the overweight gentleman.  He came into a room that I was studying in the other night and he too is nice, charasmatic, funny, etc.  However, he is a 1L and I REFUSE to date anyone else in this law school.

Here is more interesting stuff about my ex / Mr. Wow...
He told me:
"Girl, I'm introducing you to popular people, bought you $200 jeans, take you to nice places, you were the first lady...I MADE YOU BLACKIE O!!!!"
"I'm with you b/c you're cute...but on second thought, you're 90% cute, the other 10%, I just don't know..."
One night I was tipsy and he said..."If you drove home, crashed, and died, then I wouldn't even care."

I won't even list the rest of the stuff b/c I am EMBARRASSED!  His friends bump into me at bars, but the dean said that will stop.  I swear, he's like the football captain or something...

This thread should be re-named "Bad Breakup...never date a psycho in the law school (PART II)"
Who's your Daddy now?