Law School Discussion

PS: Tailoring?

PS: Tailoring?
« on: October 12, 2005, 01:49:38 PM »
Note: this is a repeat of my post in the general "Law School Applications" Forum

I'm working on my PS but I have had this nagging question in the back of my mind, so I'm throwing it out for other, perhaps wiser, people to answer.  I've read up on what adcomms are looking for in the PS and it all sounds fine and good, except for the lovely idea of tailoring essays to different schools.  How have people been doing this?  My essay, currently, discusses my reflections on a very tough leadership moment that I'm thinking about while engaging in an artistic pursuit and draws parallels between my passion for arts and expression and my determination to pursue the right decisions as a leader.  It is, I suppose, a twist on the standard 'leadership moment' essay, so how do I tailor my leadership experience (within my university's honor council) to particular schools or programs?

Also, in general, how tailored are these essays supposed to be?  Huh  Will it be damaging if my PS is very well written but not tailored?   Huh Huh

Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.