Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Give me a break!!!  (Read 2099 times)

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
Re: Give me a break!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2005, 10:15:03 AM »
Wow BP......I don't even get up until 2 hours before I have to be at work!  You Are A Bad One!

Tell me about the Million More March.....I haven't watched the news since last week some time....

Yeah, that's the one I got.  It took forever because the sellers had to find a home to purchase before they sold, so they kept pushing back the closing date.  My commute has been averaging 1 hr 15 minutes since I moved.  It does suck, but I actually figured it would have been longer though, so I guess all in all it's not too bad.
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005, 12:00:24 PM »
Haha, well I get up 2 hours before I have to be at work too. I wake up at 7:00 and I'm out the door at 7:30 and I have to be at work at 9:00. :)

Millions More Movement was GREAT!!! Hundreds of thousands of positive black people networking and building to try to improve things for us.  I was on an emotional high all weekend during and after the march.  I met Stic man from Dead Prez and Malik Zulu Shabazz, Attorney and leader of the New Black Panthers. I met and exchanged info with soo many people from across the country.  I also sold tshirts for an organization that we're trying to get off the ground.  It's slated to be a place for us to go and network and have access to black-owned businesses that actually act right (They are out there).  The site will be all about economic empowerment for our people.  Everything is free, and there will be plenty of articles/content on home-buying, credit counselling, financial management, investing etc. to help us get stronger in these areas.  The beta site is up and running but official launch is the end of November.  You can check out the beta site: abetterway.org   

I'm writing an article that should be up by this weekend and more content, profiles (and ability for members to set up profiles) will be in place by the end of November. 

Anyhow, the March was great. People can say what they want about the Minister but he makes it happen.  People from all over the country who were working on similar projects are exchanging emails as we speak as a result of the March! 

edit: It's a shame with all the positive energy for black folks this weekend, the media led with the disturbance in Toledo Ohio.

[

quote author=MsJay9 link=topic=43570.msg785863#msg785863 date=1129558503]
Wow BP......I don't even get up until 2 hours before I have to be at work!  You Are A Bad One!

Tell me about the Million More March.....I haven't watched the news since last week some time....

Yeah, that's the one I got.  It took forever because the sellers had to find a home to purchase before they sold, so they kept pushing back the closing date.  My commute has been averaging 1 hr 15 minutes since I moved.  It does suck, but I actually figured it would have been longer though, so I guess all in all it's not too bad.

[/quote]
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 12:26:26 PM »
I'm sorry but I gotta hate on PG county

Reppin' Montgomery County!  Grovsner Road! Rockville! :P
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2005, 01:16:48 PM »
 :D  I only live 20 mins from my job and I use to complain about that b/c my last job was about 10 mins away!  I only get up that early to mope around b4 preparing breakfast and getting the little ready for school....Now on days that she isn't home (which are rare) I am up about 45mins before clock in time!
  I'm glad to hear that the event was posistive!  I live in OH so you know the news that we've been boggled down with.

Haha, well I get up 2 hours before I have to be at work too. I wake up at 7:00 and I'm out the door at 7:30 and I have to be at work at 9:00. :)

Millions More Movement was GREAT!!! Hundreds of thousands of positive black people networking and building to try to improve things for us.  I was on an emotional high all weekend during and after the march.  I met Stic man from Dead Prez and Malik Zulu Shabazz, Attorney and leader of the New Black Panthers. I met and exchanged info with soo many people from across the country.  I also sold tshirts for an organization that we're trying to get off the ground.  It's slated to be a place for us to go and network and have access to black-owned businesses that actually act right (They are out there).  The site will be all about economic empowerment for our people.  Everything is free, and there will be plenty of articles/content on home-buying, credit counselling, financial management, investing etc. to help us get stronger in these areas.  The beta site is up and running but official launch is the end of November.  You can check out the beta site: abetterway.org   

I'm writing an article that should be up by this weekend and more content, profiles (and ability for members to set up profiles) will be in place by the end of November. 

Anyhow, the March was great. People can say what they want about the Minister but he makes it happen.  People from all over the country who were working on similar projects are exchanging emails as we speak as a result of the March! 

edit: It's a shame with all the positive energy for black folks this weekend, the media led with the disturbance in Toledo Ohio.

[

quote author=MsJay9 link=topic=43570.msg785863#msg785863 date=1129558503]

[/quote]
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 04:32:33 PM »
Hey BP,

Life here in the sunshine state is pretty nice, how is life in the DC area?

Life in DC is way okay.  I just moved to your neck of the woods.  The next person that says something bad about PG County......;)

Where you at in Prince George's County?  Right, everyone has something negative to say...lots of HATERS!!!  Glad to hear everything is ok.

LOL...u crazy.  Oh I'm in Laurel, right off of 198.  I'm not loving the commute to Northern VA every day, but I'm loving the house :)

Did you get the house that you were put the contract in on a while back?  Damn, that is a LONG commute.  IT would kill me.  Congrats on the house!!

Well congrats man. Home ownership for the black man is always good news.  WE are partying at your place over the Christmas holidays.  Everyone is invited.  That sucks tohave to wait around for the seller to get their act together.  But at least it is done.  Wow, that is a long commute. I dont think I could handle that long of a commute everyday.  You are a better man that I.
Back in the saddle again.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 04:35:19 PM »
I'm sorry but I gotta hate on PG county

Reppin' Montgomery County!  Grovsner Road! Rockville! :P

Please, you are sleeping on Prince George's County!!!

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2005, 07:59:16 PM »
Hey BP,

Life in DC is way okay.  I just moved to your neck of the woods.  The next person that says something bad about PG County......;)

Where you at in Prince George's County?  Right, everyone has something negative to say...lots of HATERS!!!  Glad to hear everything is ok.

LOL...u crazy.  Oh I'm in Laurel, right off of 198.  I'm not loving the commute to Northern VA every day, but I'm loving the house :)

Did you get the house that you were put the contract in on a while back?  Damn, that is a LONG commute.  IT would kill me.  Congrats on the house!!

Well congrats man. Home ownership for the black man is always good news.  WE are partying at your place over the Christmas holidays.  Everyone is invited.  That sucks tohave to wait around for the seller to get their act together.  But at least it is done.  Wow, that is a long commute. I dont think I could handle that long of a commute everyday.  You are a better man that I.

Thanks LP, appreciate it man.  Yeah party at my place, ahem..I mean house warming party at my place..haha ;)

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2005, 01:24:10 AM »
Hey BP,

Thanks LP, appreciate it man.  Yeah party at my place, ahem..I mean house warming party at my place..haha ;)

Anytime.  I am sure you would have invited us ALL over soon enough.  You bring the booze and I will bring all of the ladies for the house warming party!!!!

italiansarah

• View Profile
    • My online dating blog
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2005, 09:12:38 AM »
That note sounds losery and I hope I don't meet guys like you are meeting in LS.