Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Give me a break!!!  (Read 2069 times)

1lwhit

Give me a break!!!
« on: October 11, 2005, 08:37:24 PM »
A (fat) guy at my school sent me the following email.  Is this how men approach women these days?  Note: He's unattractive and fat.  (Yes, I am that shallow.)  I feel as though he's trying to "pencil" me in.  LOL!  After reading...I'd like your comments...

It's going to be busy this week but there is always time for alcohol.  Let me know what's good for you

Tues.  ABA negotiations competition

Wed.  Beer League darts  (ideal)

Thurs. Legal writing assignment due Fri.

Fri.  Entertaining a guest for the weekend

Next week is pretty open.

Hit me back.

Check out my blog and hit me with a comment.

j.rosh

Re: Give me a break!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 10:23:01 PM »
 :-\  I don't know.  With your psychotic ex-boyfriends, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to pencil yourself into his schedule for a few drinks-unless you're afraid of the risks. 

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 11:20:47 PM »
Now that's game! It gets no better than that. I just say "Girl send me a copy of your schedule and i'll have my secretary call you and work out the details"

stonewall68

• AOL Instant Messenger - kd100
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 11:39:21 PM »
OK Whit, whats does his size, etc have to do with it. No that was not how I would approach a lady that I might have intrest in but hey, at least be nice to him for a second or two. If you are not aused by his "game" just tell him. Plus if ya can get some free drinks out of it why not. He might end up being a friend in the long run. Question would you treat him that way if he was fat and cute? Or Thin and unattractive? Or was it just the way he came at you?

N.B. Hope this does not set off everyone.

A (fat) guy at my school sent me the following email.  Is this how men approach women these days?  Note: He's unattractive and fat.  (Yes, I am that shallow.)  I feel as though he's trying to "pencil" me in.  LOL!  After reading...I'd like your comments...

It's going to be busy this week but there is always time for alcohol.  Let me know what's good for you

Tues.  ABA negotiations competition

Wed.  Beer League darts  (ideal)

Thurs. Legal writing assignment due Fri.

Fri.  Entertaining a guest for the weekend

Next week is pretty open.

Hit me back.

Check out my blog and hit me with a comment.

I am not here to make YOU happy!!!!!

I have sat in the Chair of Wisdom and Knowledge.

Friendship is essential to the Soul!!!

1lwhit

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 11:58:07 PM »
You know, I really respected him and thought that he was a cool guy BEFORE he sent that email.  So you're right, it has nothing to do with his looks at all...I'm just kind of insulted.  AND, he brought a girl to a mixer last week AND he said: "Fri: Entertaining a guest for the weekend."  So it just made me feel like he was simply trying to put me on his roster.  THAT is what really makes him unattractive.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 12:03:22 AM »
OK Whit, whats does his size, etc have to do with it. No that was not how I would approach a lady that I might have intrest in but hey, at least be nice to him for a second or two. If you are not aused by his "game" just tell him. Plus if ya can get some free drinks out of it why not. He might end up being a friend in the long run. Question would you treat him that way if he was fat and cute? Or Thin and unattractive? Or was it just the way he came at you?

N.B. Hope this does not set off everyone.

I agree with your comments.  That was a pretty jacked up way to introduce the topic/situation.  It makes me wonder about the ex.  And maybe the reason your ex is so psycho, is because you are looking for the wrong things in a man.  Try not to be that shallow in the future and things might look up.  If I were you, I would work on my own character prior to criticizing others, such as your ex.  If you are upset by the way he approached you, that is one thing.  I would never approach a woman like that, but I dont think he was attempting to be disrespectful.  Maybe he was just trying to save face. Or maybe he is shy.  So, if he was "buff" and "attractive" his approach would be ok. Damn, I just dont know what else to say about this.  
Back in the saddle again.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 12:09:50 AM »
You know, I really respected him and thought that he was a cool guy BEFORE he sent that email.  So you're right, it has nothing to do with his looks at all...I'm just kind of insulted.  AND, he brought a girl to a mixer last week AND he said: "Fri: Entertaining a guest for the weekend."  So it just made me feel like he was simply trying to put me on his roster.  THAT is what really makes him unattractive.

I am a little confused, I looked at the email and nowhere did I see date.  It sounds like he is asking a friend out to a mixer.  You are pretty presumptious to think that he is trying to date you.  And you two have NEVER been on a date, I assume so why do you think he would tell you what guest he is entertaining for the weekend.  Perhaps he has something extremely personal or family or something is coming up, maybe a friend is coming to visit and so he is going to be busy.  You are making a LOT of leaps.  His email is only offensive (possibly) IF you assume he is asking you out on a date.

stonewall68

• AOL Instant Messenger - kd100
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 12:13:13 AM »
Hey whit I am glad, trust me where I am at inlife now I hear what you are saying. Some guys do it to look cool, etc. some do it because they don't know any better. The other girl thing.... I dunno.

Hey I left you a note on another post can you PM me the answer or answer it on the list?

Thanks
I am not here to make YOU happy!!!!!

I have sat in the Chair of Wisdom and Knowledge.

Friendship is essential to the Soul!!!

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 10:22:49 AM »
LP, what's the dilly? Hope all is well in the sunshine state.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 01:30:33 AM »
Hey BP,

Life here in the sunshine state is pretty nice, how is life in the DC area?