Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How many applicants shoot themselves in the foot by...  (Read 327 times)

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
How many applicants shoot themselves in the foot by...
« on: October 10, 2005, 08:01:26 AM »
...f*cking up their applications? The whole process is ten times harder than applying to undergrad, and I can't help but to imagine that a few people here and there screw up something on their applications. Forgetting to attach something, or applying too close to the deadline, or forgetting to proofread their PS... the list goes on and on. Granted some of the possible mistakes aren't deal-breakers, there have to be a few people who doom themselves with carelessness... maybe 1 out of every 100 applicants?

Sure, it's random, but I'm bored. ;D

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

SCgrad

Re: How many applicants shoot themselves in the foot by...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 08:29:20 AM »
I would say closer to 1 in 10 mess something up in a meaningful way.  Pure speculation.

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 08:36:03 AM »
You're probably right... there are probably crap-loads of people who apply in Feb./March, frantically trying to beat the deadlines. :D

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

jeb240

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 08:36:38 AM »
I haven't caught any typos in any of my apps yet.  And, whether or not they are there, hopefully I will never find out about them and I can think that it was my low GPA that kept me out of law school  ;).

I will say that one or two typos should be permissible in an otherwise good application.  I mean, yeah, a lawyer's job is very detail-oriented, but it's not like the lawyers many of us are trying to be don't have teams of people who's job it is to actually proofread documents for them.

Also, I sent my application to Vanderbilt about 10 days too early.  And they have not requested my report yet.  I think I'm suffering their wrath.