;

Author Topic: GULC PT  (Read 413 times)

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
GULC PT
« on: October 10, 2005, 03:12:49 AM »
My numbers are 3.43, 163. Would I stand a chance in hell of getting into Georgetown's PT division, assuming, of course, all of my other factors are OK? I'm debating whether or not I should apply there... I'd like to go, but at this point in the race, Im not as willing to shell out the $87.

I know my numbers are within their 25th-75th percentiles, but I've always assumed the less qualified PT students were probably older people with work experience and/or URMs. I may be,  and probably am, way off base with that assumption, though...

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

SCgrad

Re: GULC PT
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 04:11:01 AM »
My numbers are 3.43, 163. Would I stand a chance in hell of getting into Georgetown's PT division, assuming, of course, all of my other factors are OK? I'm debating whether or not I should apply there... I'd like to go, but at this point in the race, Im not as willing to shell out the $87.

I know my numbers are within their 25th-75th percentiles, but I've always assumed the less qualified PT students were probably older people with work experience and/or URMs. I may be,  and probably am, way off base with that assumption, though...

If you're considering a legal education, 87 dollars is nothing.  If you think you might want to go there, and you think you might get in, then apply.

winstonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 10:31:51 AM »
If you are out of school and working full time now I think you would have a good shot of getting in as your numbers are in range. If you are coming straight out of undergrad your chances of getting in are not so good unless you can convince them that you really do want to work full time through law school as they dont want people simply using the PT program as a backdoor to the FT.

Garbled

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 11:05:29 AM »

I'm hoping that they look for experience. My GPA is around 3.15, although my last 3 years were 3.5+ (new school after a 3-year break from college following my disasterous freshman year). I'm taking the LSAT in December and my practive test scores are around 162-164 and rising - i'm shooting for a 165+. I've worked in the tech field for about 10 years and just started working at the US Patent and Trademark Office. I've also got my MBA and some other factors that I'm thinking will be positives - honors graduate undergrad, 2 years at a non-profit, great PS.

When they decide whether to give me a seat I'm probably going to come up against stats like yours and a little better as my direct competition. Who do you think they will choose? I seriously don't know and that's the $64,000 question...

I've really got my heart set on GWU actually, and i've visited all 4 campuses i'm interested in around D.C. (American, gmu, gwu, gulc).

Good luck!

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 12:52:45 PM »

I'm hoping that they look for experience. My GPA is around 3.15, although my last 3 years were 3.5+ (new school after a 3-year break from college following my disasterous freshman year). I'm taking the LSAT in December and my practive test scores are around 162-164 and rising - i'm shooting for a 165+. I've worked in the tech field for about 10 years and just started working at the US Patent and Trademark Office. I've also got my MBA and some other factors that I'm thinking will be positives - honors graduate undergrad, 2 years at a non-profit, great PS.

When they decide whether to give me a seat I'm probably going to come up against stats like yours and a little better as my direct competition. Who do you think they will choose? I seriously don't know and that's the $64,000 question...

I've really got my heart set on GWU actually, and i've visited all 4 campuses i'm interested in around D.C. (American, gmu, gwu, gulc).

Good luck!

My guess is they'll pick you. My deal was this: my practice scores were in the high 160s/ low 170s, so when I was researching schools, I grew fond of GULC. When I got my score back, after my heart dropped, I realized PT was my only hope of getting in... PT admissions are tricky though, and I really have no idea about how to assess my chances against an applicant pool that is much more diverse/experienced.

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington