Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Profs Call for Congressional Action in Prisoner Abuse Scandal  (Read 1790 times)

jgruber

It looks like almost every law school is represented.  This is not something that can be blamed on the 'liberal media'.

Letter sent to the United States Congress regarding recent human rights issues in Iraq

June 16, 2004

To: Members of the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.

As members of university faculties in law, international relations, diplomacy, and public policy, we write to register our objection to the systematic violation of human rights practiced or permitted by authorities of the United States within occupied Iraq during recent months: we request Congressional action to ensure accountability for such violations and to safeguard against such egregious abuses in the future. Current circumstances require that all transcend partisan politics or considerations. Action by Congress is necessary to promote a rule of law produced and enforced through a democratic process and to protect the physical and psychological integrity of all people consistent with the traditions of our nation.

http://www.iraq-letter.com/

veritas

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Law Profs Call for Congressional Action in Prisoner Abuse Scandal
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 10:19:36 AM »
That's awesome -- good for them.  I'm glad to see four professors from my school on the list! 

buster

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 10:21:54 AM »
If only these 500-plus law professors hadn't been brainwashed by the liberal media...

There, I did it!

It looks like almost every law school is represented.  This is not something that can be blamed on the 'liberal media'.

jgruber

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 10:22:34 AM »
With all the yammering about whether it is legal or what law applies, the law profs should speak up.

jgruber

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 10:23:57 AM »
Or have you been brainwashed by the conservative media?

If only these 500-plus law professors hadn't been brainwashed by the liberal media...

There, I did it!

buster

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 10:30:38 AM »
Or do I not convey sarcasm well in my posts?

jgruber

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 10:31:38 AM »
Ah.

Or do I not convey sarcasm well in my posts?