Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Never date anyone in the lawschool!!!!  (Read 9284 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Never date anyone in the lawschool!!!!
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2005, 04:56:29 PM »
...well...

...Let's just say this ain't the club.  There's a general rule unfortunately for us going into professional school, and that is, typically speaking of course, the HIGHER the intellectual capacity the LOWER the level of attraction.  In other words, fly girls don't go to law school.

Same is true for the fellas.  The higher in academia we rise, the frequency of busted-ness increases exponentially.

So smart's not sexy? 

Want a mate whose #1 concern is making last call at the bar and knowing where the after party is? Yeah, you probably won't find him/her in law school. Want someone who likes to think and talk about abstract ideas like law, justice and fairness? I've never found one in a club. And even when I thought I did, when we both sobered up I realized how wrong I was.

LOL!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

jg983

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2005, 12:12:05 AM »
2LWhit, I don't understand why you keep reiterating that your situation has something to do with race. Clearly, you chose to date an a-hole. Maybe his response to you, as opposed to his response to "the white girl," has to do with the fact that he doesn't like YOU, not that he doesn't like you because you're black. Is there something that leads you to believe that he is particularly vengeful because of your race?

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2005, 03:21:18 AM »
...well...

...Let's just say this ain't the club.  There's a general rule unfortunately for us going into professional school, and that is, typically speaking of course, the HIGHER the intellectual capacity the LOWER the level of attraction.  In other words, fly girls don't go to law school.

Same is true for the fellas.  The higher in academia we rise, the frequency of busted-ness increases exponentially.

So smart's not sexy? 

Want a mate whose #1 concern is making last call at the bar and knowing where the after party is? Yeah, you probably won't find him/her in law school. Want someone who likes to think and talk about abstract ideas like law, justice and fairness? I've never found one in a club. And even when I thought I did, when we both sobered up I realized how wrong I was.

TRUE.

lex19

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2005, 07:48:09 AM »

exactly why i refuse to talk to/date anyone that i met while i was out, well except for a tyson, ol' dude from barber shop, boris, most of the sean john models...hmmm i guess there are always exceptions  ;D

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2005, 08:26:57 AM »
lex you're a fool :D :D :D

2L is this the same guy that you were talking about last semester that didn't date black women ?? what made you decide to try to pursue something knowing that he had issues with his own?  secondly he had to display some sort of childish ways in the relationship if he's bold enough to go to a Dean over this... damn maybe he's gay and likes the drama....
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

lex19

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2005, 08:55:39 AM »
that's what i'm hear for blk, and going to the deam mean's he need to get his a$$ whooped by somebody since his parents didn't do what they needed to, what kind of man is that? bia bia

2L is this the same guy that you were talking about last semester that didn't date black women ?? what made you decide to try to pursue something knowing that he had issues with his own?  secondly he had to display some sort of childish ways in the relationship if he's bold enough to go to a Dean over this... damn maybe he's gay and likes the drama....

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2005, 09:05:41 AM »
u know i can think of someone else that might pull a bia move like that but anyway.... ::)
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

1lwhit

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2005, 11:35:58 AM »

Yes!  This is the same guy and he persuaded me to get back with him.  He is a trip...for real!

1lwhit

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2005, 01:24:31 PM »
2LWhit, I don't understand why you keep reiterating that your situation has something to do with race. Clearly, you chose to date an a-hole. Maybe his response to you, as opposed to his response to "the white girl," has to do with the fact that he doesn't like YOU, not that he doesn't like you because you're black. Is there something that leads you to believe that he is particularly vengeful because of your race?

Oh, I don't know, perhaps the fact that...
* He does NOT support HBCUs
* His 30 year old sister had a child at 18 and he says that means that she chose to "run to the hood"
* He does not socialize with other blacks at school
* He said that he made me into BLACKIE O (You know, Jackie O, JFK's wife)
* The fact that he wanted me to hang with a certain group of white girls at school and in order to fit in he had to buy me $200 jeans
* The fact that I was the FIRST black woman that he ever dated
* The fact that the FIRST time he ever read BLACK ENTERPRISE Magazine was at my apartment

The list goes on and on...

stonewall68

• AOL Instant Messenger - kd100
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2005, 02:49:47 PM »

Well since he had never read BE till he met you he really is an A-hole.

Oh, I don't know, perhaps the fact that...
* He does NOT support HBCUs
* His 30 year old sister had a child at 18 and he says that means that she chose to "run to the hood"
* He does not socialize with other blacks at school
* He said that he made me into BLACKIE O (You know, Jackie O, JFK's wife)
* The fact that he wanted me to hang with a certain group of white girls at school and in order to fit in he had to buy me $200 jeans
* The fact that I was the FIRST black woman that he ever dated
* The fact that the FIRST time he ever read BLACK ENTERPRISE Magazine was at my apartment

The list goes on and on...
I am not here to make YOU happy!!!!!

I have sat in the Chair of Wisdom and Knowledge.

Friendship is essential to the Soul!!!