Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Never date anyone in the lawschool!!!!  (Read 9217 times)

seu2002

Re: Never date anyone in the lawschool!!!!
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2005, 11:47:22 PM »
In the great words of Joey Lawrence "whoa!"

That's pretty loaded.

But Whit is right ya'll.  Don't do it.  I tried to told ya. Now you see wsup.  1L's (ahem ahem) [looking at SEU ;)] don't do it.  You heard it here first folks.  I've seen it happen, and I have to say, as a general rule of law, it usually ends up as a bad situation for the reasons that Mobell said. 

Law School is professional school, yes, but Law School socially might as well be High School.  You're with the SAME group of people EVERYDAY, 7 days a week, for 3 years.  Think about that.

They need something to talk about, and if you date somebody at your school it will be you.

sands, why are you putting my biz all out there?!?!?!

ah, well...  too late.  ;)

1lwhit

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2005, 12:49:18 AM »
UPDATE!!!

Jerk: Dean, look at these text messages that she sent me!
Dean: No.
Jerk: Well, when we dated she said and did...
Dean: Stop.  I don't need to hear about your personal life.
Jerk: Well she...
Dean: Did she violate the honor code?
Jerk: No
Dean: Did she break the law?
Jerk: No
Dean: Well, it looks like you simply had a bad breakup.  I'm actually going to review the eight paragraph email that you sent her b/c it seems as though you are attempting to use your popularity and position to threaten her and scare her.  Why would you want to ruin her future anyway?

Moral of the story...when you dig a ditch for someone, make sure it is big enough for you!

This guy is a JERK!  There are barely any blacks in law school so why is he trying to ruin it for one of the FEW black women here???  I bet he actually thinks he's respected but you know what?  I think administration is laughing at all of this and viewing this as some "black on black crime."  This guy just does NOT get it!  This also a person that does NOT, I repeat, does NOT support HBCUs.  He is a jerk and tried to get me.  He's jealous of me and tried to put my biz out there but he cannot block my blessings.

I cannot understand how a black man could turn on his OWN.  Last year he dated a white girl, her friends cursed him out, flipped him off, and all that and he did NOT go to administration on any of them.  He's just doesn't want to see a black woman doing well.  Did I mention that the jerk is almost 30? 

Why oh why are we STILL against each other????

John Galt

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2005, 01:01:45 AM »
is there a good deal of professor/student hookups in law school. I keep watching movies that make me think this is common in law school...probably fiction, maybe not.

1lwhit

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2005, 01:02:01 AM »
i still don't understand what he was trying to tell the dean that you had done that would get you in trouble

NOTHING!  We broke up.  We yelled at each other, called names, the usual.  He's just trying to ruin me but it did not work!

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2005, 11:53:17 AM »

rocky--maybe you should just end it if you're not that into her...1L is hard work and i feel like stuff needs to be solid b/f you start. i'm not in a relationship, but my fellow 1ls who are in relationships talk about how hard it is...its hard to keep in touch. they work really hard during the week so that they have minimal work over the weekend so if their s.o. comes to visit or they go to visit them they have time to spend with them. and most of the ones who wanted to stay together came to school in a particular area in order to be as close as possible. just what i've observed, and all of that is needed b/c come november it'll be crazy so everything b/f that has to as sane as possible if that makes sense.

Thanks faith for you input and to tell you the truth I think you are right and it sort of makes me sad. However, life always has its ups and downs I guess. thanks.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2005, 11:56:49 AM »
Oh and just to the OP.
 The guy is probably doing all of this because you may have crushed his ego. Either way, as I always tell my friends that break up with their girl/boyfriend. There is a whole world out there full of single ladies/fellas.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2005, 12:30:05 PM »
what about the women in law school? Are they quality? Mature? Independent? I prefer to know about the black women, in particular, because I might have to find wifey there.

Good point Galt. Contingency planning is always a plus  :D

Its not even like that, baby. I was just asking hypothetically speaking...notice the might... Besides you gonna be in law school too, so it doesn't exclude you :0)

Mmmm hmmm  ;)

Well, I can answer your question. I'm heading to law school and I'm VERY QUALITY. But, like "Bob", I'm also taken   :-*

Bruh, the dating scene in Law School is a mixed bag.  I've seen good, and I've seen bag.  Usually more bad that good I'm afraid.  As in, don't even make it past finals.

But the QUALITY in Law School....

...well...

...Let's just say this ain't the club.  There's a general rule unfortunately for us going into professional school, and that is, typically speaking of course, the HIGHER the intellectual capacity the LOWER the level of attraction.  In other words, fly girls don't go to law school.

Same is true for the fellas.  The higher in academia we rise, the fequency of busted-ness increases exponentially.

This is not to say there are 0.  You can find a few, sure. But as a whole that tends to be the trend.  Sorry.  Don't blame me I'm just the messenger.

On the positive tip though, I have seen couples form in Law School who have made it for the duration.  Also, some of my professors met their husbands/wives in law school.  So it CAN work even though that's not the norm.

WHIT - man, that's crazy.  If you date anybody else in your school I will personally come back to Chicago and beat you with the Homey the Clown sock.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

be10dwn

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2005, 12:38:49 PM »
I wouldn't date me, I'm an a-hole.  JSIA

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2005, 01:58:21 PM »
is there a good deal of professor/student hookups in law school. I keep watching movies that make me think this is common in law school...probably fiction, maybe not.

Scandalous!
Who's your Daddy now?

angmill08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2005, 03:07:51 PM »
...well...

...Let's just say this ain't the club.  There's a general rule unfortunately for us going into professional school, and that is, typically speaking of course, the HIGHER the intellectual capacity the LOWER the level of attraction.  In other words, fly girls don't go to law school.

Same is true for the fellas.  The higher in academia we rise, the frequency of busted-ness increases exponentially.

So smart's not sexy? 

Want a mate whose #1 concern is making last call at the bar and knowing where the after party is? Yeah, you probably won't find him/her in law school. Want someone who likes to think and talk about abstract ideas like law, justice and fairness? I've never found one in a club. And even when I thought I did, when we both sobered up I realized how wrong I was.
164/3.46 Undergrad GPA, graduated college in 1996.
Applied: UT Austin (ED), Univ. of Houston, George Washington U & American U.
Accepted: Univ. of Houston, GW, American
Attending: GW, Fall 2006