Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Never date anyone in the lawschool!!!!  (Read 9133 times)

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
Re: Never date anyone in the lawschool!!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2005, 05:38:53 PM »
what about the women in law school? Are they quality? Mature? Independent? I prefer to know about the black women, in particular, because I might have to find wifey there.

Good point Galt. Contingency planning is always a plus  :D

Its not even like that, baby. I was just asking hypothetically speaking...notice the might... Besides you gonna be in law school too, so it doesn't exclude you :0)

Mmmm hmmm  ;)

Well, I can answer your question. I'm heading to law school and I'm VERY QUALITY. But, like "Bob", I'm also taken   :-*
Who's your Daddy now?

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2005, 05:41:18 PM »
what about the women in law school? Are they quality? Mature? Independent? I prefer to know about the black women, in particular, because I might have to find wifey there.

Its not even like that, baby. I was just asking hypothetically speaking...notice the might... Besides you gonna be in law school too, so it doesn't exclude you :0)

Mmmm hmmm  ;)

Well, I can answer your question. I'm heading to law school and I'm VERY QUALITY. But, like "Bob", I'm also taken   :-*

How do you two know each other?

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 05:51:25 PM »

Mmmm hmmm  ;)

How do you two know each other?

He's my cyber dream guy  :)
Who's your Daddy now?

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 06:11:28 PM »
I do not mean to hijack the thread but here is my situation.
I currently have a girlfriend and we have been together for 1 year and 10 months. However, chances are that I am going to go out of state for law school and we have had a long distance relationship all along b/c she is my gf from when I transferred from U of Arizona to a school here in Cali. Anyway, about a couple of months ago I tried to mention to her that I would more than likely be going to a school out of state. She tried to convince me to go to Arizona but I told her that the admission decision is not up to me but the school and I hate the weather in Arizona. We have had problems before and once we had an argument before my final b/c I was not going to visit her and I ended up with an A- in the class because I got an 83% on the final. Yeah, an A- is not bad but it was a 90% and that would have given me a B+ and I got lucky that I did not tank it. She later apologized for what she did and said she would never do it again. I sort of laid it out to her that in law school I will prbly only talk to her for about 15 minutes every day if that and visit only on my vacation days. I also said that if she ever attempted to do what she did to me last year in December again that it was over. This refers to my final above but in order to elaborate I was not going to visit her because my grandmother suffered a stroke and was in a coma and we argued the night before my final. She had the nerve to say "what about me?" If anyone has had experience with bringing a relationship into law school or having a long-term relationship in law school please tell me about it.
Now, she has done a few things for me like stay in Arizona to be closer but I did not ask her to stay. She wanted to go to some other school but she said she did not want to be farther away from me. I guess I feel sort of bad if we ever break up and she says "I did this all for you."
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2005, 06:24:42 PM »

The ones here (all, what, 6 1Ls?) are cool.  I don't know if YLS is the place to go to find a wifey, however.  You might have better success at Harvard, for supply reasons.  Lots of cute undergrads, though.

I need to be briefing...

hmm Alci, care to elaborate...

I did elaborate, E...supply reasons.  First, there are only 6 (unless I'm miscounting) of y'all in the 1L class, and, what, 30 or so in the entire school.  Harvard probably has more than that just in their 1L class.  Second, all of those are not available...quite a few have significant others.  Third, John, like I, will be coming straight from undergrad.  I think only 1 of the 6 black female 1Ls did so.  No offense, but y'all are old (to me).  Therefore, I would not consider YLS to be anywhere close to the ideal place to find a wifey unless one is willing to broaden one's selection pool to include the undergrads.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2005, 06:48:53 PM »

The ones here (all, what, 6 1Ls?) are cool.  I don't know if YLS is the place to go to find a wifey, however.  You might have better success at Harvard, for supply reasons.  Lots of cute undergrads, though.

I need to be briefing...

hmm Alci, care to elaborate...

I did elaborate, E...supply reasons.  First, there are only 6 (unless I'm miscounting) of y'all in the 1L class, and, what, 30 or so in the entire school.  Harvard probably has more than that just in their 1L class.  Second, all of those are not available...quite a few have significant others.  Third, John, like I, will be coming straight from undergrad.  I think only 1 of the 6 black female 1Ls did so.  No offense, but y'all are old (to me).  Therefore, I would not consider YLS to be anywhere close to the ideal place to find a wifey unless one is willing to broaden one's selection pool to include the undergrads.

LMAO.  I'm old!

edit: actually I agree with most of the things you have written.  I think the girls have it worse though.  so many of you young cats running around.  lol.

edit/edit: why not be willing to broaden one's selection pool to the older students--assuming any of them would put up with you ?  gendered double standard?  I thought you were a feminist

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2005, 07:06:45 PM »
I agree with E. As a youngster right out of UG myself, you have to broaden you selection pool. However, I think it goes both ways. Most older women view the young guys as the little brother type right away. I also think it a maturity think. I am no way near at the same place in life so you just look elsewhere (ie... undergrad, or the other grad programs like Med School were folks go straight through). Cause Imma snag me an up and coming doctor. John's Hopkins women, watch out  ;D

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2005, 07:28:46 PM »
edit/edit: why not be willing to broaden one's selection pool to the older students--assuming any of them would put up with you ?  gendered double standard?  I thought you were a feminist

Lol, actually, my g/f is 3.5 months older than I (I'm a youngin among the youngins).  So there :P.  But, in my previous statement, I was just going along with societal convention.  Like you implied in your first edit, it's not like there are too many women wanting to date younger men, either.  That said, it's probably easier for a younger guy to get an older woman.  But that's just life.  Lots of Stellas...

John Galt

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2005, 07:56:35 PM »

Lol, actually, my g/f is 3.5 months older than I (I'm a youngin among the youngins).  So there :P.  But, in my previous statement, I was just going along with societal convention.  Like you implied in your first edit, it's not like there are too many women wanting to date younger men, either.  That said, it's probably easier for a younger guy to get an older woman.  But that's just life.  Lots of Stellas...

Poor Stella...poor, poor Stella.

faith2005

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2005, 08:47:06 PM »
alci and other shady dudes at yale--stay away from the undergrads if you ain't right! i don't want to have to hem nobody up! j/k :D

wow,zod that is one of the saddest posts i've ever read. you can "snag one in a jif with minimal effort?" 

rocky--maybe you should just end it if you're not that into her...1L is hard work and i feel like stuff needs to be solid b/f you start. i'm not in a relationship, but my fellow 1ls who are in relationships talk about how hard it is...its hard to keep in touch. they work really hard during the week so that they have minimal work over the weekend so if their s.o. comes to visit or they go to visit them they have time to spend with them. and most of the ones who wanted to stay together came to school in a particular area in order to be as close as possible. just what i've observed, and all of that is needed b/c come november it'll be crazy so everything b/f that has to as sane as possible if that makes sense.