Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Never date anyone in the lawschool!!!!  (Read 9026 times)

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
Re: Never date anyone in the lawschool!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 03:27:17 PM »
hey whit, i was thinking can you date guys in other grad schools, like say the school of business?  :D

DING!

I don't know about the rest of them, but STAY AWAY from the bankers. I'm cringing just thinking about it.
Who's your Daddy now?

1lwhit

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 04:05:24 PM »
Well, well, well...I really don't want to date anyone!  ESPECIALLY not in the law school.  Like I said, this individual is threatening to go to the dean on me...for what?  A bad break up?  This man is a child and is simply jealous of me.  My grades are better than his, my internship last summer was better than his, he's been rejected from EIGHT firms, I'm dating someone new...he's jealous and trying to set me up!  I hate to say this, I really do, but I feel that if I were a non-black woman, he would not be doing this to me!  I am the first (and likely the last) black woman that he has dated.  I am disgusted by this whole mess.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 06:59:52 PM »
In the great words of Joey Lawrence "whoa!"

That's pretty loaded.

But Whit is right ya'll.  Don't do it.  I tried to told ya. Now you see wsup.  1L's (ahem ahem) [looking at SEU ;)] don't do it.  You heard it here first folks.  I've seen it happen, and I have to say, as a general rule of law, it usually ends up as a bad situation for the reasons that Mobell said. 

Law School is professional school, yes, but Law School socially might as well be High School.  You're with the SAME group of people EVERYDAY, 7 days a week, for 3 years.  Think about that.

They need something to talk about, and if you date somebody at your school it will be you.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 11:17:17 PM »
Im trying to work my way in at the other Maryland Law School down the street. I figure it would be good for networking. I'm all for sleeping your way to the top. I think this is a great way to move up the tier anyway.  ;) (But I agree leave your own Law School alone, it's your place of work for the next some odd years)

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 11:51:22 PM »
Well, well, well...I really don't want to date anyone!  ESPECIALLY not in the law school.  Like I said, this individual is threatening to go to the dean on me...for what?  A bad break up?  This man is a child and is simply jealous of me.  My grades are better than his, my internship last summer was better than his, he's been rejected from EIGHT firms, I'm dating someone new...he's jealous and trying to set me up!  I hate to say this, I really do, but I feel that if I were a non-black woman, he would not be doing this to me!  I am the first (and likely the last) black woman that he has dated.  I am disgusted by this whole mess.

See, that is what you get for going outside your race.. :D

Nah, I am just playing.  You know, I understand that you are upset, but you seem a little hostile and taking pot shots at him.  First, what is he going to go to the Dean about on you?  Did you do something that he would be able to go to the Dean about?  If not, dont worry.  Lots of people make threats to get to others and it is working.  He is getting satisfaction out of your reaction.  Second, why would you date someone who with such major character flaws??
Back in the saddle again.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 11:54:34 PM »
First of all, Joey, you are stupid. :D

Second, I completely disagree.  No matter who you date, if you date someone of low character, it will turn out bad.  I have known people who dated people out of their law school/work and when they broke up, the low character person created trouble at their school/job.  Be more careful about who you spend your time with. 

In the great words of Joey Lawrence "whoa!"

That's pretty loaded.

But Whit is right ya'll.  Don't do it.  I tried to told ya. Now you see wsup.  1L's (ahem ahem) [looking at SEU ;)] don't do it.  You heard it here first folks.  I've seen it happen, and I have to say, as a general rule of law, it usually ends up as a bad situation for the reasons that Mobell said. 

Law School is professional school, yes, but Law School socially might as well be High School.  You're with the SAME group of people EVERYDAY, 7 days a week, for 3 years.  Think about that.

They need something to talk about, and if you date somebody at your school it will be you.

1lwhit

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2005, 11:59:49 PM »

Nah, I am just playing.  You know, I understand that you are upset, but you seem a little hostile and taking pot shots at him.  First, what is he going to go to the Dean about on you?  Did you do something that he would be able to go to the Dean about?  If not, dont worry.  Lots of people make threats to get to others and it is working.  He is getting satisfaction out of your reaction.  Second, why would you date someone who with such major character flaws??

Going out of my race?  He is BLACK!!!!  I did not do anything to make him go to the dean.  We had a breakup!  We both yelled at each other, called names, etc.  He's just trying to scare me. 

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 12:12:12 AM »
Mobell, how ARE the guys at YLS?

Lol.  This one guy, "Bob", is a pretty cool cat.  He's taken, though...

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 12:14:41 AM »

Going out of my race?  He is BLACK!!!!  I did not do anything to make him go to the dean.  We had a breakup!  We both yelled at each other, called names, etc.  He's just trying to scare me. 

Ok, then what are you doing dating someone who has not seen fit to date someone within his own race in his entire life.  That is much much worse.  That should tell you SOMETHING is wrong with him.  I dont know you, so I would not know whether you did anything that would warrant a trip to the Dean's office.  MAYBE while you were dating him you didnt something that violated the honor code and he knows and now he is going to tell the Dean.  I dont know, it was just a question.  It was also a plausable reason why he might go to the Dean.  If he is just trying to scare you, why are you letting him do it???

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 12:15:15 AM »
Mobell, how ARE the guys at YLS?

Lol.  This one guy, "Bob", is a pretty cool cat.  He's taken, though...

"Bob"????