Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Never date anyone in the lawschool!!!!  (Read 9442 times)

1lwhit

Never date anyone in the lawschool!!!!
« on: October 09, 2005, 11:58:26 PM »
I repeat -- NEVER DATE ANYONE IN THE LAW SCHOOL!!!

I just went through a TERRIBLE break up and now my ex and his friend sent me crazy emails threatening to ruin my future and go to the cops and to administration.  Life isn't supposed to be like this...  People just hate to see a black woman doin' good and runnin' thangs.

I repeat -- NEVER DATE ANYONE IN THE LAW SCHOOL!!!

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
Re: Never date anyone in the lawschool!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 02:22:50 AM »
Wow, this sounds vaguely familiar.  It is similar to the white lady who is mugged by a black man and then decides that EVERY black man must be a criminal.  You are painting every man in law school with a broad brush.  Why cant it just be that this man and his friends are jerks?  Why is it that one bad experience turns into all of this??
Back in the saddle again.

1lwhit

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 12:18:06 PM »
True, I agree.  But when you date people, you get close, you learn more and more about them, and then when you break up, that's usually the end of it, right?  Well not in law school.  Because it seems that the 600 people that you see EVERYDAY know all of your business relating to the relationship or you personally...so...it's just not good.

I repeat...NEVER DATE ANYONE IN LAWSCHOOL!!!

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 01:16:32 PM »
Agree with Whit.  It's not law students broadly; it's the gossipy and vindictive environment of law school that generally makes it a bad idea.  On the other hand, I'm not turning down any quality guys, even if he's in my class.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 09:43:08 PM »
Yes, but isnt that a function of who you choose as your partner?  Dont choose gossipy and vindictive people to date and that shouldnt be a problem.  If you dont date anyone in law school as a general rule, you will have a hard time dating during your law school life.  You might want to be more careful about those you choose to spend your time with.  Take it slower and share less of yourself with that person until you REALLY get to know them. 

As for you Mobell, you aint dating none of those Yale dudes anyway, so it does not matter. ;D

faith2005

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 11:47:40 PM »
how bout not dating at all during law school? ok, maybe thats just me. i call it the 3 years in the boondocks plan.  :D

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 11:51:19 PM »
Now that might work.  Wait, I hope that does not go for me. ;)

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 10:03:06 AM »
how bout not dating at all during law school? ok, maybe thats just me. i call it the 3 years in the boondocks plan.  :D

Go for the Nilla, faith; Go for the Nilla!

faith2005

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 11:59:44 AM »
hey whit, i was thinking can you date guys in other grad schools, like say the school of business?  :D

jg983

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 03:09:14 PM »
Mobell, how ARE the guys at YLS?