Law School Discussion

Processing Time Since Oct LSAT?

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
Re: Processing Time Since Oct LSAT?
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2005, 11:52:11 AM »
Would any school look down on only getting 2 academic letters instead of that *optional* third?  I have a third being written but after the talk I just had with the guys, I don't think it's going to be great and I don't want his to hurt the other two that will be really good.

I think unless three are "recommended" two are fine.  Certainly two excellent ones are better than two excellent ones and one bad or even mediocre one.

chrisfield

• Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2005, 11:54:19 AM »
Would any school look down on only getting 2 academic letters instead of that *optional* third?  I have a third being written but after the talk I just had with the guys, I don't think it's going to be great and I don't want his to hurt the other two that will be really good.

I think unless three are "recommended" two are fine.

Are three recommended from many schools?

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2005, 11:58:29 AM »

I'm not sure.  LSAC has a list of how many are required/recommended, but it's not 100% accurate.  Most schools note it on their applications.

For what it's worth, I don't think any of my schools actually recommended more than 2 (LSAC claims BU wants 4, but I found no indication of that on their application, so I sent only 2, plus the dean's certification, which they list as a recommendation).

chrisfield

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2005, 12:00:20 PM »

Great, thanks.

I'm not sure.  LSAC has a list of how many are required/recommended, but it's not 100% accurate.  Most schools note it on their applications.

For what it's worth, I don't think any of my schools actually recommended more than 2 (LSAC claims BU wants 4, but I found no indication of that on their application, so I sent only 2, plus the dean's certification, which they list as a recommendation).

jeb240

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2005, 12:40:42 PM »
The final, second letter of recommendation has been received and processed!

Sweet, that means when my score comes in, my first reports will all go out and they will all be complete which means, assuming my school gets its act together (and I do not see why they wouldn't) and sends the Dean's Certs, I will be complete everywhere by early Nov. and definitely in time for my two EA schools.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2005, 07:30:49 AM »
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

My last letter has finally been processed!

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Ok, by the end of today, I'm going to have all my applications in.  I swear.

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2005, 07:44:37 AM »
still waiting... (taps the desk).  I even tried to call LSAC about it yesterday and their phones kept cutting my off.  So I sent them an email but it'll be a while on that I'm sure.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2005, 07:51:43 AM »
still waiting... (taps the desk).  I even tried to call LSAC about it yesterday and their phones kept cutting my off.  So I sent them an email but it'll be a while on that I'm sure.

I'm sorry.  I feel your pain.

chrisfield

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2005, 08:54:54 AM »

I called this AM with a question and got through right away so you may want to try again.  After he said that phone scores would be available on Monday AFTER the e-mails are sent out, I said "so they will be in the e-mail before Monday?" "Yes," he said.  But that was all I got.  He did a good job staying mum.

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2005, 08:57:59 AM »
FDSAUR*(Q_#$UQNKJF:SDHV&*(SA^R#)&$(Q){EJRIW:NFCDISOHF&S*(^#$^(@#)&$*()&*@(#)$^&#(WE

My recommender forgot to attach the LSAC form, so it cannot be processed.  But no, they didn't tell me, they didn't tell him... why not?  Because return to sender it a great song and they just wanted to live it out.  Meanwhile he could have just faxed the form in if they told us and kept the letter.  Nope, that would be efficient and nice.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So hopefully he'll fax it in today.  Sadly his job keeps him mostly out of the office, but I left a message and an email with instructions so hopefully it'll work out.