Law School Discussion

Processing Time Since Oct LSAT?

chrisfield

• Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
Re: Processing Time Since Oct LSAT?
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »
Overall, would you think faxing would be faster than mailing?

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2005, 09:09:03 AM »
I had a recommender fax my letter in to LSAC yesterday, got an email today that it is already processed! Two other letters that were mailed over a week ago have yet to be processed.

Do they mind you faxing it all in?  I will do that for sure if not.

I know I saw someone posting that they'd had theirs faxed and it took longer than that.

And if my last LOR isn't processed in the next four hours, I'm officially not applying EA to NYU.  Oh, well.

Make sure to send that recommender a big lump of coal.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2005, 09:13:15 AM »
Make sure to send that recommender a big lump of coal.

It isn't her fault.  She sent it in two weeks ago (or so she says, and I believe her).  Based on the processing time for my first LoR I figured I'd be all set.  Little did I know that sometimes, at random, it takes much longer.

Plus, I asked her late because I didn't realize until mid September that I needed a scholarship-specific rec.

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2005, 09:16:32 AM »
Yeah it is just pretty random I think in terms of processing time.  The first letter was processed really fast.  The second and third were sent on the same day and one was processed 2 days ago, the other hasn't been.  Frustrating as I had to have Georgetown hold my app until the third one was in (it's probably the strongest) because they consider you complete with just 1 rec and go ahead and send it to committee.  Hope it gets in soon!!

I think faxing would be pretty much as variable.  The best option I think would be mail with some sort of tracking (like delivery confirmation or something).  But that's not very cheap, faxing is.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2005, 09:18:09 AM »
The second and third were sent on the same day and one was processed 2 days ago, the other hasn't been.

Same deal here.  Except replace "2" with "5."  If only it had been reversed...

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2005, 09:19:30 AM »
Oh if it's not processed today, then I'll get up to 5 days easily since I doubt they are working on the weekend... sorry you missed the NYU EA deadline.  But I'm sure it won't be a big difference in your chances of getting in, just hear a decision later.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2005, 09:22:06 AM »
Oh if it's not processed today, then I'll get up to 5 days easily since I doubt they are working on the weekend... sorry you missed the NYU EA deadline.  But I'm sure it won't be a big difference in your chances of getting in, just hear a decision later.

Yeah, I'm not stressing.  But thanks.  :)  Everyone is so supportive here...

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2005, 09:33:08 AM »
Since y'all are talking LOR's, quick question -- One of my recommenders failed to write me a letter.  I met with him and asked him to write it back in August, and I think he just forgot.  I went ahead and asked someone else to write it, but should I ever mention it or ask him about it?  I see him pretty frequently, he's a boss in my company, so I don't know what to do.  Any pearls of wisdom?

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2005, 09:45:58 AM »
I think you need to follow up with him.  If he forgot, maybe it's because you didn't remind him (not to accuse you but...).  Either way, even if it's all on him, he agreed to write it so you should still have him write it.  Just ask him to give you the letter (signed across the back) and use it for waitlists OR he can send it to LSAC as a third/fourth letter. 

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2005, 09:49:30 AM »
Thanks, y'all!  Good advice -- I guess I will have to buck up and say something.  By the way, I'm new at this whole LSD thing....I think I'm getting addicted?