Law School Discussion

Processing Time Since Oct LSAT?

Re: Processing Time Since Oct LSAT?
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 04:36:51 PM »
My prof sent two letters on Oct 6-7 and they were processed today.  Now I only have the slight worry that he mixed up the targeted letter to a specific school and the general letter. 

chrisfield

• Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 08:59:07 AM »
If my letters are sent out on Oct. 24th, when would be a reasonable guess as to when my file would be "finished" and completely ready for schools? Mid-Nov. at the latest right?

chrisfield

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 01:51:27 PM »
This is an original report.  Crap, so it's going to take forever.  AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 02:22:39 PM »
7 days in the mail is highly improbable. The rule is 2-3-4. Takes 2 days for a letter to reach its destination in the same city/region. 3 days nationally. 4 days internationally. And those are the USPS guidelines. They often manage it in 1-2-3. 7 days to get to Pennsylvania is highly unlikely.

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2005, 03:00:37 PM »
Okay maybe I'm just dreaming, but I thought LSDAS sent the law school report and all the letters electronically to all the schools??

btw to add to the freakout on this thread, how bad is it if a recommender forgets to date a letter?

chrisfield

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2005, 04:12:04 PM »
This is an original report.  darn, so it's going to take forever.  AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they really change my c*rap to darn?  That's funny.

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 07:57:14 AM »
I had a recommender fax my letter in to LSAC yesterday, got an email today that it is already processed! Two other letters that were mailed over a week ago have yet to be processed.

chrisfield

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 08:06:44 AM »
I had a recommender fax my letter in to LSAC yesterday, got an email today that it is already processed! Two other letters that were mailed over a week ago have yet to be processed.

Do they mind you faxing it all in?  I will do that for sure if not.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 08:20:13 AM »

I know I saw someone posting that they'd had theirs faxed and it took longer than that.

And if my last LOR isn't processed in the next four hours, I'm officially not applying EA to NYU.  Oh, well.

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 09:05:20 AM »

I don't see why not, as long as your recommender agrees. I don't know why more people don't do it this way, except maybe LSAC's fax machines would be busy all the time. And yeah I hear that other people who faxed it in still took a few weeks, so I think it varies a lot.