Law School Discussion

Processing Time Since Oct LSAT?

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
Processing Time Since Oct LSAT?
« on: October 09, 2005, 09:31:48 AM »
I was wondering if anybody has had quick turnaround on LoRs sent since the October LSAT.  It occured to me that that might be what's slowing down the process for my recs, since two recommenders sent out letters on the Monday after the test, and neither has been reported received, and it's hard to believe that both were lost in the mail.

Re: Processing Time Since Oct LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 12:12:11 PM »
Seems like a good theory to me.  I have one sent the Thurs before the test get processed Oct 5.  The other two were sent the Monday after the test and are still MIA.  So let's hope it's the LSAT slowing it down.  Would you let me know when yours get processed and I can do the same?  That way we can maybe have an idea of when to ask the person to resend it as if it's lost in the mail.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 12:28:10 PM »
Seems like a good theory to me.  I have one sent the Thurs before the test get processed Oct 5.  The other two were sent the Monday after the test and are still MIA.  So let's hope it's the LSAT slowing it down.  Would you let me know when yours get processed and I can do the same?  That way we can maybe have an idea of when to ask the person to resend it as if it's lost in the mail.

Good idea; I will.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 07:32:50 AM »
Last year, the letters didn't show up as having arrived until after the 10-14 day processing time.  On December 23rd, a letter appeared on my LSDAS account saying it was recieved on 12/11/04.  Odds are, your letters are there, but won't show up for a few more weeks.

Drat.  I really wanted to make the EA deadline at NYU.

Oh, well.  I suppose an extra month of waiting won't kill me.  Probably.

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 02:33:45 PM »
My letter was sent on Oct 5th, I got an email from LSAC today that it was received.

Today is Oct 10th.  ;D

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 04:23:31 PM »
My letter was sent on Oct 5th, I got an email from LSAC today that it was received.

Today is Oct 10th.  ;D

They must have done a batch, because one of mine just got in.  Yay!  2 down, 1 to go.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 05:18:57 PM »
I'm jealous, still waiting.  If only my thesis was not so tedious the time might pass faster.

B.K.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 06:27:46 AM »
I'm still waiting for my RTK letter, which I think was sent on Oct. 3 ( the MOnday after).

I had one letter sent the Sept. 28 and it was processed 7 days later. Hopefully then my last RTK letter will be rec'd/processed today or tomorrow.
In solidarity,

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 10:26:33 AM »
I'm still waiting for my RTK letter, which I think was sent on Oct. 3 ( the MOnday after).

I had one letter sent the Sept. 28 and it was processed 7 days later. Hopefully then my last RTK letter will be rec'd/processed today or tomorrow.
In solidarity,

Both my RTK letter and my second general letter were mailed on the 3rd.  So of course the one that I don't need to make the Oct 15th EA deadline is the one that they processed.

Solidarity forever, for LSD makes us strong.

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 08:53:12 PM »
One of my two letters sent Oct 3 made it today... just need the other one to make it soon as I think it's probably the best so I want to make sure it's in the file before reviewing happens.