Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question about taking courses outside of my ug and not having them transfer  (Read 342 times)

johndavies

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hi, I was just wondering if it would be a smart idea for me to take 2-3 courses at a different school than mine in order to boost my LSAC GPA since I heard that they average all of the courses someone takes in their college career, no matter if it is from the degree-granting institution?

I was just wondering if this "sneaky" move could prove to be beneficial or just a waste of time? I'm not just planning to take these courses as a GPA booster either - I plan on taking some courses that will actually benefit me and that I will enjoy.

Will this work is it just a waste of time and money on my part?

r.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey psycho stalker spy!
    • View Profile
Do it. It is not sneaky at all, it is smart--especially since you will take classes you're interested in.
Byron's Don Juan:  Booker T. Washington Elementary School
Milton's Paradise Lost: Middle School

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hi, I was just wondering if it would be a smart idea for me to take 2-3 courses at a different school than mine in order to boost my LSAC GPA since I heard that they average all of the courses someone takes in their college career, no matter if it is from the degree-granting institution?

I was just wondering if this "sneaky" move could prove to be beneficial or just a waste of time? I'm not just planning to take these courses as a GPA booster either - I plan on taking some courses that will actually benefit me and that I will enjoy.

Will this work is it just a waste of time and money on my part?

probably will not make a difference--they can see through it. 

johndavies

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
bump

fincavigia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I think its a good idea. It'll raise your GPA total which is what they use for rankings.