Law School Discussion

Atticus Falcon Rant

ruskiegirl

Re: Atticus Falcon Rant
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2004, 01:59:25 AM »
If anyone's interested, AF has thrown an official hissy fit.

Seems many on the PLS board were upset with his response to Nimbu and said so.  He basically responded with, "You don't like my response?  Fine.  I'm leaving.  See how you get along without my hard work and input.  And by the way, you think this book could be shorter?  I'd like to see where you could cut something out because I think every piece of info there is crucial.  Later, losers!"

Of course, I'm paraphrasing; his post is longer than a Supreme Court motion. :o

Good stuff!  I've already responded to his weak logical attack on my post. 

farnsworth

• "Good news everyone!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2004, 07:30:07 AM »
Yeah, I read that this morning...rather interesting.  What I've always wondered is what type of law he does that he has the time to run the message board?  Regardless of what you think of him, there's really no doubt that he does put a significant amount of time into it.  I'm interested how he does it and balances a full law workload (which can be up to 80 hrs/week).  My guesses are either that he's in a smaller market or (based on his repeated claims on looking out for the integrity of the law) some sort of public service position.

BTW, I finally started reading the book (got it in the mail Friday), and am about 150ish pages into it.  My first impressions are 1)  It's not as negative as I thought it would be.  Maybe this is because of my exposure to AF's tone on the board, and those who have claimed the book is nothing but 1 giant rant.  2)  There really is a lot of seemingly (can't say for sure since I've never been in LS...) helpful information in the book.  Even for the little bit I've read, it's been a worthwhile $18.  3)  While I disagree with his conclusions for *why*, many of his claims about professors being unhelpful don't seem out of place.  Maybe it's my regular exposure to profs who really dont give a *&^% and test things completely different than what they lecture in some of my engr. classes, but it's not something that surprises me or that I would doubt actually happens.

Nimbu

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2004, 08:00:44 AM »
Omg AF's most recent reply was ridiculously long. Why can't this person deal with people having a different opinion than his and expressing themselves about it. It just seems like such a silly thing for him of all people to get worked up about.

There's no reason he should LEAVE the board, no one asked him to leave and plenty of people who disagreed with his attitude still benefitted from the PLS approach and told him so. Why doesnt he appreciate or acknowledge that? he's very one-sided. He completely disregardded the response e mail I sent to him and didnt post THAT to the board addressing all of his assumptions about me and then he continues to speculate on the board in the most recent response when I've already addressed my personal/financial situation with him. Either he didnt get or refused to read my email, or he did read it and is neglecting to share it with the group to further support his cause.

He doesnt seem very thick-skinned at all. This is a yahoo group for gods sake, not a personal threat on his well being!This whole thing boggles my mind and I just cant believe he went off in this manner from my post. That is just so unstable. I never meant to offend him. Jeez.

Im still waiting for my copy of PLS to come in the mail and Im so damn curious to start reading it. Now, i'm sure there will be a flood of postings on the yahoo group begging him to stay. For someone who comes across as such a strong person/academic, that's such a juvenile and trivial thing to have to go through or "threaten" the group with. How insecure is he and (altho I havent read PLS yet) is that just what PLS reflects? his insecurity and inability to handle the pressures/profs/people of law school?

Ginatio

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2004, 08:05:14 AM »
have you guys ever considered this atticus falcon dude might have nothing to do with the law whatsoever? or worse yet, that he might be a fellow 1L trying to sabotage all of you with bogus information?

just a thought.

either way, just read the book if you're so inclined. why do u need further affirmation and tips from this anonymous AF character?

grahamers

• Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2004, 08:13:42 AM »
Yeah, this latest post of his mostly addresses my critique of his book.  If you read his post, it further confirms my suspicions that he is a lonely semi-paranoid conspirist that has nothing better to do than post his rants on his board.  I am now going to refer to PLS as the AF Manifesto.

jgruber

« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2004, 08:33:43 AM »
It has occurred to me.  Anything is possible from an anonymous author.

Another thought occurred to me.  How do we know the AF in the yahoo group is the author of the book?

grahamers, AF Manifesto might be a very good title.

By the way, my copy of PLS II is still the cheapest for sale on half.com

have you guys ever considered this atticus falcon dude might have nothing to do with the law whatsoever? or worse yet, that he might be a fellow 1L trying to sabotage all of you with bogus information?

just a thought.

either way, just read the book if you're so inclined. why do u need further affirmation and tips from this anonymous AF character?

Ginatio

« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2004, 08:37:37 AM »
I'll trade you some hoagies for it...

jgruber

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2004, 08:42:55 AM »
It's a deal.

I noticed your new signature.  Boy, you really are getting into it.

I'll trade you some hoagies for it...

grahamers

• Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2004, 08:43:53 AM »
How do we know the AF in the yahoo group is the author of the book?

Because in the AF Manifesto, AF directs you to the website.  Note:  This does not mean that the poster on the site is the same person, just that the author(s) of the Manifesto are claiming that it is.

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2004, 01:51:33 AM »
Hey guys, after reading this thread, my curiosity in PLS method has peaked and can't wait to get a hold of the book.  Unfortunately, I am currently living in a foreign country n can't find the book around here; int'l shipping is something like 30 bucks or more from Amazon!  Can someone give me the complete PLS LS prep plan book list?  They might have the primers here on the island...