Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Atticus Falcon Rant  (Read 9925 times)

jgruber

Re: Atticus Falcon Rant
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 03:34:57 PM »
or more room at the tope of the curve for those who don't.

Yes, Yes, Yes. AF is evil. Everyone has figured it out - congrats.

If you ignore the usefulness of PLS2 b/c of this ... great. More room on the curve for those of us who prep.

prettylily

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 03:59:04 PM »
I think I care because I purchased his book and was interested in his method.  I was just appalled at his response and wanted to share it with you all.  He preaches about the way professorst "treat" their students and yet he does this..The man/woman is crazy.

dta

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 04:09:58 PM »
I think I care because I purchased his book and was interested in his method.  I was just appalled at his response and wanted to share it with you all.  He preaches about the way professorst "treat" their students and yet he does this..The man/woman is crazy.

What you have stated is not a point of contention. I think just about every supporter of PLS2 on this board yields that AF is a jerk. If you wish, the point can continue to be debated but I don't think you'll find anyone who disagrees with you. AF is a big nasty meanie  ...  and that has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not his study prescription in PLS2 is conducive to success in law school.

Dante Hicks

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whatchoo lookin at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2004, 04:12:48 PM »
I still think AF is kewl.  I guess he just got ticked because someone wrote and said I don't have the money or time to prep.  That doesn't sound like a motivated student (not that I'm the best myself).

AF does have a point though:  law school is an investment not to be taken lightly.  

PLS Rules!
One day it was so cold in Chicago that the lawyers had their hands in their own pockets.

jgruber

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004, 04:14:38 PM »
well, dta, there's one person who disagrees.

but have we heard from any LS students or grads about the PLS method?

I still think AF is kewl.  I guess he just got ticked because someone wrote and said I don't have the money or time to prep.  That doesn't sound like a motivated student (not that I'm the best myself).

AF does have a point though:  law school is an investment not to be taken lightly. 

PLS Rules!

Ginatio

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004, 04:15:44 PM »
So here's what I never picked up... AF is the actual author of PLS?

jgruber

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2004, 04:18:01 PM »
So here's what I never picked up... AF is the actual author of PLS?

The AF on the yahoo group purports to be the author of the book.

But who knows.

when the author is anonymous and the AF on the yahoo group is anonymous, who knows?

Nimbu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2004, 04:18:59 PM »
OK here we go again. Pretty black lily - Im glad u started this thread. I atcually just sent u an e mail. IM THE ONE who sent AF the original e mail. Weve all pretty much discussed this already in another thread as well.

Dante - I never said I dont have the time to prep. Nor did I say I dont have the money. For your information, I've done quite a bit of prepping already, other than reading the holy PLSII. It's insane to me that from my original email to AF simply ASKING about the book and how much of it was already ON the yahoo group, that people (AF included) can speculate on my motivation, dedication to law school and future success as a lawyer. People need to stop looking for poor, pathetic, supposedly "unprepared" pre-1Ls to prey on just to make themselves feel better.

Nimbu

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2004, 04:29:57 PM »
yea and has anyone noticed that AF ignored people's objections to his hostile response? he completely overlooked it and went ahead replying to other posts. im surprised he's not defending himself further. hmm..

canuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 04:30:16 PM »
Since we've talked about this before, JeffJoe, here's a student who supposedly used LEEWS and did extremely well his first year (although that's not the entire method that PLS promotes).

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,456.0.html

Also, here's a post by LawGirl - who suggests reading up on primers before school starts (another "component" of the PLS method).  BTW I think this is probably the best thread I've read on LSD and I wish we could recommend posters (sounds like a good idea, Andrew?)

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,481.0.html

All in all, different facets of PLS seem to work.  I couldn't see how it could hinder - which gives Atticus some credibility in that if you're gonna divest that much time/energy/money into a law degree - why not go all out?
Headed to Hofstra in August!