Law School Discussion

Yale Law

Kansas

Re: Yale Law
« Reply #370 on: February 17, 2006, 09:34:36 AM »
Lol.  There is a disproportionate number of Mac users at YLS.  Literally, 1/3 to 1/2 of any given class is likely to be filled with Macs.  If you want one, get one.  That said, Thinkpads rule 8).

So there's no problem with taking exams on a Mac at YLS?

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 17, 2006, 09:38:25 AM »
Lol.  There is a disproportionate number of Mac users at YLS.  Literally, 1/3 to 1/2 of any given class is likely to be filled with Macs.  If you want one, get one.  That said, Thinkpads rule 8).

So there's no problem with taking exams on a Mac at YLS?

No.  You take your exams in Word (or by hand), then: a.) print them out, b.) save them to a floppy or CD, or c.) upload them to the Registrar's office where they print them out (most people do this).

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 17, 2006, 09:39:34 AM »
Est Est Est is great.

Est Est Est and Yorkside are equally crappy.  But that seems to be the standard with pizza at club meetings (fortunately, thai is the more popular option).  Pepe's is great.

« Reply #373 on: February 17, 2006, 11:22:42 AM »
Est Est Est is great.

Est Est Est and Yorkside are equally crappy.  But that seems to be the standard with pizza at club meetings (fortunately, thai is the more popular option).  Pepe's is great.

Est Est Est that an organization purchases for a meeting is crappy.  But Est Est Est hot out of the oven at the restaurant is better than Pepe's.  Bar's cheese pizza is scrumptious.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2006, 11:26:49 AM »
I think we will have to disagree on that one. 

BAR pizza is good all around, but especially the mashed potato and bacon.

almuhajaba

« Reply #375 on: February 17, 2006, 11:42:59 AM »
do ya'll go to the edhucated burger a lot? I went to yale during my freshman year for a mock trial competition and we ate there...I thought it was pretty good...

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 17, 2006, 11:52:48 AM »
That "h" should be in "burgher" and not "educated."

The place is decent I think.

re: Bar & Yorkside pizza, I agree with Alci. (!)

almuhajaba

« Reply #377 on: February 17, 2006, 11:55:29 AM »

thanks YC ;) it was a long time ago and I forgot the exact spelling  ;D

is it located near the law school?

« Reply #378 on: February 17, 2006, 12:00:15 PM »

thanks YC ;) it was a long time ago and I forgot the exact spelling  ;D

is it located near the law school?

Yeah it's very close.  I've never eaten there, but somehow I think it wouldn't be the best for vegetarian fare :)

Yorkside is crap.  We can all agree on that.  Papa John's...now that's tasty too :)

Karl Pilkington

• Only Ricky and Steve know my secret identity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 17, 2006, 12:00:31 PM »
I'd say I like Sally's/Modern/BAR pretty equally. All three are better than any pizza I've had since leaving New Haven.

As far as housing is concerned, a word of warning: don't live at the apartments at 956 Chapel Street. I lived there my senior year, and it was the worst apartment situation I've ever had. The heat broke down multiple times in the middle of the winter, and it sometimes took the landlord several weeks to get it fixed. On top of that, the hot water once went off for an entire week. If my app somehow gets misfiled into the "admitted" pile and I get into YLS, I'll probably live at the Eli, the Taft, or possibly the New Haven Towers (a little older, but the management is decent and they have 24 hour security).