Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pre-law magazines  (Read 1557 times)

cbriody

• View Profile
Pre-law magazines
« on: June 30, 2004, 01:19:59 PM »
Hello everyone!
I was wondering if you knew a good resource, a magazine or journal that law students read that has good information on pre-law, becoming a lawyer, the LSAT, education, etc.  I'm hoping to find a publication that offers great information for Canadian law students.  I would love any information you might be able to give!  I would be so appreciative!  Thank you so much! :)

cbriody

• View Profile
Re: Pre-law magazines
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 03:32:45 PM »
Anyone know a law magazine that you like to read?  Anyone? Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 03:37:33 PM »
I think there is a pre-law mag, but I"m not sure.  Did you search this site?

lawmaybe

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 03:46:51 PM »
http://www.jdjungle.com/

I used to subscribe to their other mag MBAJungle and found it to be very good!

canuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 03:47:25 PM »
cbriody,

anything to help out a fellow Canuck (unless you're not Canadian - in that case you're not allowed to read my post).

just kidding.  i'm from Toronto and am going to a law schol in Long Island in August.  here's a board i trolled a bit when i applied to Canadian law schools.  lots of good stuff on specific schools.

http://p210.ezboard.com/bcanadianlawschools

if you have any general questions about the process (i'm pretty familiar with the Canadian schools too) than you can always e-mail me.  the best thing to do is find someone who's practicing right now in Toronto or Calgary (the two hottest markets) and ask them what it's really like.

hope this helps.

if you want info on just the legal industry and general stuff, i suggest going to www.nylawyer.com.  click on the advice columsn like "Advice for the Lawlorn", "Crossroads",  "Work/life Wisdom".  Search past questions and answers and it'll give you a general feel.

Headed to Hofstra in August!

nathanielmark

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 03:48:55 PM »
I think the publication "barely legal" is what you are looking for.

cbriody,

anything to help out a fellow Canuck (unless you're not Canadian - in that case you're not allowed to read my post).

just kidding.  i'm from Toronto and am going to a law schol in Long Island in August.  here's a board i trolled a bit when i applied to Canadian law schools.  lots of good stuff on specific schools.

http://p210.ezboard.com/bcanadianlawschools

if you have any general questions about the process (i'm pretty familiar with the Canadian schools too) than you can always e-mail me.  the best thing to do is find someone who's practicing right now in Toronto or Calgary (the two hottest markets) and ask them what it's really like.

hope this helps.

if you want info on just the legal industry and general stuff, i suggest going to www.nylawyer.com.  click on the advice columsn like "Advice for the Lawlorn", "Crossroads",  "Work/life Wisdom".  Search past questions and answers and it'll give you a general feel.

canuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 03:57:10 PM »

usually i don't find too many things funny enough to make me laugh out loud but that made snot come out of my nose at work.

kudos, GreenEqsnHam, you have officiall made me the office boob of the day.

;D

I think the publication "barely legal" is what you are looking for.

Headed to Hofstra in August!

cbriody

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 03:59:58 PM »
Thanks for you help!  

Is there any magazine/journal that you were exposed to in school?  One that your professors recommended?  Or one that was always available at the library?
Those are all helpful hints by the way, I'll have to seach this site as well.  If anything else comes to mind, please let me know. :)  Thank you so much!  And GreenEqsnHam thanks for the joke too! :)