Law School Discussion

Learning Disablilities

nathanielmark

Re: Learning Disablilities
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 11:06:29 AM »

Sones, you are going to wind up with hair on your palms if you keep it up like this...

its just that the bud is so good here (Vancouver Bud = one of the best in the world)

Ahh hell you're prolly right. I'm gonna quit tho on July 6.

sones i think you been hittin the trees too hard today brother.

fitty bucks says u don't  :-*

sarahz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 11:07:41 AM »
depression as a low GPA excuse seems flimsy to me...i could totally see the ad comm's going 'gee if sally was depressed and had bad grades as an undergrad...what assurance do we have that it wont happen again?'...whether that is true or not is something else...i could just see it as being a liability as opposed to ADD or something?!

$ones

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 11:13:06 AM »
ya I think depression is flimsy too. Very easy to get the diagnosis. ADD - how does one get this diagnosis? Anyone faked it before?

depression as a low GPA excuse seems flimsy to me...i could totally see the ad comm's going 'gee if sally was depressed and had bad grades as an undergrad...what assurance do we have that it wont happen again?'...whether that is true or not is something else...i could just see it as being a liability as opposed to ADD or something?!

jgruber

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2004, 11:13:56 AM »
I wouldn't call it flimsy.  Depression could cause that, but not necessarily.  Depression meaning medical depression, not general sadness.

But if depression holds down your GPA then I would have had a 4.0 instead of 3.56

$ones

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004, 11:14:41 AM »
hair on my palms? I've never heard this expression before?

Sones, you are going to wind up with hair on your palms if you keep it up like this...

its just that the bud is so good here (Vancouver Bud = one of the best in the world)

nathanielmark

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004, 11:15:44 AM »
if you smoke to much jeeber, you will grow hair on your palms.  at least thats what ive been told...   ;D

hair on my palms? I've never heard this expression before?

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2004, 11:18:53 AM »
the korean saying is "if you laugh after crying, youll grow hair on your ass"

but i guess that could apply to ganj and palms too.
if you smoke to much jeeber, you will grow hair on your palms.  at least thats what ive been told...   ;D

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2004, 11:19:47 AM »

If it's something that went undiagnosed and untreated for a period of time during which you had bad grades...and then you demonstrate the dianosis, treatment and subsequent changes in grades, AND show maintenance of those good grades, i don't see why that wouldn't fly.

sarahz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2004, 11:20:46 AM »
I wouldn't call it flimsy.  Depression could cause that, but not necessarily.  Depression meaning medical depression, not general sadness.
But if depression holds down your GPA then I would have had a 4.0 instead of 3.56

Maybe i should rephrase...i dont doubt that depression could and does cause grades to lower...i think most people have experienced that...and being clinicly diagnosed is often when grades come up through treatment...

When i think of things to explain a low GPA, i personally think that anything that might make you look unstable is not going to help.  Also, i would worry that it would draw attention to other applicants who (for example) survived some horrible plane crash, but still managed good grades by working through their depression..

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 11:21:40 AM »
the korean saying is "if you laugh after crying, youll grow hair on your ass"

but i guess that could apply to ganj and palms too.

where's the part that projects the braiding thereof?