Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Notre Dame WL  (Read 899 times)

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
Notre Dame WL
« on: June 30, 2004, 12:35:24 PM »
Anyone on this board been accepted off of ND's waitlist? I know they took some people off already. The admissions office said the list should start moving again in the middle of July. If you are still on the list, what group are you in?

wishinNhopin

Re: Notre Dame WL
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 08:03:52 PM »
I've been waitlisted as well, which kind of stinks since NDLS is my absolute first choice. But it's much better than a rejection! Anyway, I've been placed in Group one.  You? 

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 11:42:55 PM »
Yeh.  I was placed in Group One too.  What's that all about anyway?  Does that mean we're going to get in?  What's up with all these updates they keep sending us?  They make it sound like we may actually have a good shot at getting in though so that's good, but I fear that they put everyone in group one just to string these people along till the end of the summer, just in case they need us.  I don't know.  The waiting is killing me though.  They said we won't hear until mid-July now.  ND is my first choice too.  I really hope we get in.

wishinNhopin

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 12:04:03 AM »
I can understand what your skepticism.  However, I really believe that the people in the admissions office are just too nice to intentionally mislead us into thinking that we all have a good shot at getting in. 

Still, I would like to know what the other waitlisted candidates think about this whole waiting game.  Has anyone called the office recently to get a better sense of when the list will be moving again?  Based on their FAQ, which they sent us with the group assignements, it seems like they're planning to pull people off the list during the first two weeks of July.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah, the agonizing wait continues....  Do you have alternate plans in case it doesn't work out? [I hate thinking about this dreaded possibility, but it's something we cannot ignore, no?]

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 12:17:59 AM »
Yeh, you're right.  They wouldn't mislead us.  Maybe we really do have a good shot.  I think we do.  But then again, who knows.  The worst part is not knowing anything.

Yeh.  I think that's right.  They should tell us something during the first two weeks of July.  I'm so nervous.  I hope they call me.  I hope they don't just send another one of those updates in the mail which basically just say that I have to keep waiting.  I don't know if I could keep waiting through august, could u?  I have another option (tier 2), and I have to maybe start making plans there if I want to go.  What about you?  What is your back up plan?  I'm not really that excited about the law school I'm accepted at, so I really hope I get into Notre Dame.  I don't know if I will attend my other option if I don't get into Notre Dame.  I might take another year off and reapply, but what do you think I should do?

I think they already took some people off the list because in one of the first updates they said they had sent XXX offers of admission, and by the time we got the last update, it said that they had accepted about 35 more total than the first time they gave out the total admitted number.  I just don't get it.  This means they already passed us up 35 times so we must not have that great of a chance.  kind of puts group one in perspective when you think about the fact that 35 wlisted people have already gotten in.  were they the true group one, and we're just the summer wait list or something?

wishinNhopin

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 12:52:03 AM »
Sad to say, but I don't really have alternate plans.  I have received a good job offer recently, but I never gave them a definite answer.  I'm working there now, so I'm hoping that the offer still stands in case (God forbid) I get a definite no from NDLS this summer.  If I don't get into ND, I'll probably work for a year and try again next year.  As for law schools, I've been admitted elsewhere, but I'm very keen on attending ND, so who knows?  What are you doing this summer? 

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 01:20:40 AM »
I'm working as a paralegal at a law firm this summer.  it is the job I have been at for one year.  i don't really want to think about not getting into ND though.  I hope I do because I couldn't imagine stomaching working in my current position for one more year.  you're lucky that you have a nice job offer to fall back on.

what is your sense about our chances?  have you sent any additional info in to admissions?  has it helped?  will that kind of stuff help or is it still all about the numbers?  have you talked to anyone in admissions?  what sense did they give you about your chances?

what are your numbers?
mine are 160, 3.6 from Ivy

wishinNhopin

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 01:27:19 AM »
Get2KnowU, I just let an "IM" message for you.  Perhaps it's best that we continue this conversation off public channels since it may not interest other so much. 

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 09:54:51 AM »
okay my im name is jay10107 on aol instant messenger.  what's yours?

wishinNhopin

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 11:08:31 PM »
Get2knowU,  please check you "IM" message - not the AIM version, but the one provided on this website.