Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is this a good PS topic? Structure.  (Read 404 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Is this a good PS topic? Structure.
« on: October 05, 2005, 08:29:20 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to think of how I should structure my PS and what ideas I should use.  Can anyone tell me whether this is a good start?

For my Topic, I'm going to elaborate on how becoming a lawyer fits in to my goals and my desire to contribute to the society at large.  I want to elaborate  how Canada/U.S. is comprised of equality and diversity and that my goal is to represent equality regardless of gender, race, nationality, and income level. 

This will be my structure:

P1: Intro.  Quote on equality of all.  What Canada/U.S.(I'm applying to both) and law means to me, and why "insert law school" is the ideal choice and how I fit in to their system.

P2: Elaborate on my interest in law, and the type of law I want to persue and why I am specifically interested in "insert law school."  What distinguishes "insert law school" from others?

P3: How I fit in to the law school system and what attributes I hold that will distinguish me from others.

P4: Elaborate more on the P3.  Talk about the political campaign i volunteered for and how my emphasis on equal accessibility and equal rights during this campaign fits in to my goal of becoming a lawyer.

P5: Conclude.

Excuse me for the spelling mistakes/grammer.  I just wanted to quickly type out my ideas while it was still fresh on my head.  Thanks.

chrisfield

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a good PS topic? Structure.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 03:14:59 PM »
Anna Ivey is pretty clear in her book that you should never start off with a quote from someone else.  Just something to think about.  Apparently it's done pretty often.