Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are decisions mailed to permanent address or current?  (Read 689 times)

VANOS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Are decisions mailed to permanent address or current?
« on: October 05, 2005, 04:22:29 PM »
Just wondering whether my parents will find out first (at home) or myself (at school)  ???
ACCEPTED: Georgetown (ED)

jeb240

Re: Are decisions mailed to permanent address or current?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 04:57:26 PM »
Presumably the news will be mailed to your current address because a lot of apps ask when that will be available till.

But I wanted to be better safe than sorry so I said that my permanent address is my current (school) address because I'm going to be there until I graduate in May and if such and such school has not let me in/know by May, chances, are I'm not going (I have little intention of doing the summer waiting game).

VANOS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 07:48:00 PM »
Presumably the news will be mailed to your current address because a lot of apps ask when that will be available till.

But I wanted to be better safe than sorry so I said that my permanent address is my current (school) address because I'm going to be there until I graduate in May and if such and such school has not let me in/know by May, chances, are I'm not going (I have little intention of doing the summer waiting game).

smart... can anyone from last year comment on which address it was sent to?
ACCEPTED: Georgetown (ED)

Quincy910

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 11:41:38 PM »
I thought they email you the score to the email address you've given to the LSDAS... I hear the email says "URGENT" and has an exclamation mark, fun fun! If you took the October 1 LSAT, you should have your score in your inbox on the 24th. Good Luck everyone!

jeb240

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 09:38:09 AM »
Some schools have you check on their own websites.  And someone recently on a post said that s/he had to download the rejection letter from a school's site.  Well, download the decision letter, which happened to be a rejection.

Which, IMHO, has got to be the most uncool of currently used methods for letting people know they are being rejected.

SCgrad

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 09:47:06 AM »
I applied to two last year (two dings, I was taking a year off, just wanted to see where I stood), both came to my current address, which was different than my permanent address

sillymelon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 03:36:56 PM »
I hope my decisions don't get mailed to my permanent addy aka parents' home.  They'll open my Harvard rejection letter and smack me.  Just kidding.  ;D  But seriously, knowing my mom, she opens ALL my mail.  Grrr.

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 03:52:02 PM »
they are mailed to current addresses
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Attending Fall 2006: Wake Forest

Shellbell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 09:24:51 PM »
Bumping this thread to ask people still in school (like me...)

How will you be checking your school mail if you're going home for winter break?  Is anyone else dreading the thought of stacks of acceptances/waitlists/REJECTIONS just piled up in their school mailbox until they return in January?

It at times like this that I am glad I'm a commuter student...that would be painful for me
University of Pennsylvania here I come!

goldilox74

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 09:37:11 PM »
Bumping this thread to ask people still in school (like me...)

How will you be checking your school mail if you're going home for winter break?  Is anyone else dreading the thought of stacks of acceptances/waitlists/REJECTIONS just piled up in their school mailbox until they return in January?

This is what mail forwarding is for. If you get mail at your university, the university's PO (post office) should have a mail forwarding service...and if you get it through regular ole' USPS then go to the post office and fill out a mail forwarding form. I think you can even do it online now on their website. you specify the dates for which you want your mail forwarded, and to what address.