Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What should i include in my PS??  (Read 323 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
What should i include in my PS??
« on: October 05, 2005, 02:16:55 PM »
I want to get started on my PS, but i have absolutely no idea what I should/need to write about.
Should I write about why i want to get in to law, my accolades, ethnicity etc???
can someone fill me in?

Zorak

• View Profile
Re: What should i include in my PS??
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 06:21:03 PM »
the common theory is that writing about why you want to go to law school is only a good way to go if you have a really, backed up by years of commitment, good reason.  Otherwise, the PS is a chance for the admissions C's to see a person behind the numbers, so give them a glimpse of why you are different from teh thousands of others apllying. Anything that makes you a little different is good game. Without knowing more, I can't help more specifically.

GL!
UGPA 3.7/GGPA 3.9/LSAT 169
In: UWashington, Michigan, Lewis and Clark (full ride)
Who knows? Berkeley (how long can this take)

Mkay

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 08:24:43 PM »
Take a look at the PS question from the schools you are applying to.  Some are vague and just want you to give them something about yourself.  If that is the case, talk about what makes you, you.  Others will ask flat out why you want to go to law school.  You should probably do an essay for both.

However, and some applications even say it, don't rehash your resume in story format.

Good luck.

Intuition

• Sr. Citizen
  • We wander down darkened pathways in a daze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 08:26:57 PM »
Tell an interesting story you've experienced in your life. Then tell your observations/conclusions you gained from the experience. If nothing else, you want to let the Adcomms inside your head a little more in your PS.