Law School Discussion

PEOPLE WHO ARE SENDING IN APPLICATIONS RIGHT NOW

PEOPLE WHO ARE SENDING IN APPLICATIONS RIGHT NOW
« on: October 05, 2005, 12:13:17 AM »
You all took the June lsat then right? I just took the October one on Saturday, so should I wait for my score or should I go ahead and send in my application? It's worrying me that so many people are already sending theirs in!!
What do you guys think send it in now even though score won't be up till 10/24 or just wait? Are my chances lower because I took the Oct test??

SCgrad

Re: PEOPLE WHO ARE SENDING IN APPLICATIONS RIGHT NOW
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 02:08:59 AM »
If you think you have an idea of your score, send apps for schools you really want to go to.  If you think you need to add more schools once you get your score, do it then.  That's my advice.

jeb240

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 06:07:20 AM »
If you think you have an idea of your score, send apps for schools you really want to go to.  If you think you need to add more schools once you get your score, do it then.  That's my advice.

Seconded.  Apply where you will definitely apply, either 'cause you are sure of the range of your score potential or because wild horses and the invisible hand could not stop you from applying, let alone an insufficient score.  You won't be complete until your score comes in (assuming everything else has been taken care of), but for whatever schools you then apply to now in this way, you are likely to be "in line" before everyone else who is going to wait until they know their score before submitting their apps, and given that Oct. is the most popular test date, it'll be to your advantage to be ahead of so many people.

sarcastic1

• I've got the 1L blues
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 07:29:12 AM »
I took the Oct. LSAT also, and I tried to apply but LSAC won't send your reports until the score is in. So, you could send the apps but the file won't be complete to be considered.

And I agree with SCgrad, I am doing exactly that.